13 | A Fate Never Prevented?

Mikey's motorcycle drove up next to you and he dismounted it. "I see... so I got called out so you could attack Kenchin."

You crossed your arms. "I told you it was abnormally convenient, Mikey-chan. And there's only one person that knows how significant August 3rd was."

"I'm just doing it for Pah-chin!"

"This isn't your style! Who tempted you into doing this?"

Once Mikey said that, you made eye contact with Takemichi and he got the hint: you knew who it was. You subtly stood in front of Draken, putting an arm in front of him as a tall figure formed amongst the raindrops.

"Wow... what a surprise. Y/N-chan isn't the only one in this gang with brains."

"Quit addressing me like we're close, Hanma." You sneered. "Or I'll use your forehead as an ash tray."

"Aw, you still made for the whole kidnapping situation? All we did was use you as a threa-"

Hanma was cut off by Mikey dealing a blow to his temple... or at least, trying to. "He blocked Mikey's kick..?!" Mitsuya said.

"Don't act so hasty Mikey." Hanma teased. "My mission is to destroy Toman, and the best way to do that is to make you fight amongst yourselves. But, this works out. With these hands, I will take on the 'Invincible Mikey'... and tear you apart."

He spread his arms out. "This is Moebius' entire gang! 100 people! Versus five people from Toman." He looked back at his gang. "Don't wuss out like you did last time! I'm not as soft as Osanai... if you run away, I will hunt you down and beat you 'til your teeth are gone."

You chuckled and everyone turned to you. Then you flat out started laughing, hiding your mouth behind your hand.

"Oh? And what is so funny about your dea—?"

"Toman is full of plenty of smart people." You pointed to your head. "But I'm the smartest. And smart people never go to war without an army."

Just as you said that, multiple motorcycle engines drew nearer and nearer until they parked just behind you with an army of Toman members dismounting from their bikes.

"We brought all of Toman with us." Baji said, tying his hair. You let out a silent chuckle. "I doubt you needed to, but it's sad when you're the only one not invited to a party."

Takemichi marvelled your calmness. He was all messed up and worried from simply being there, but the confidence in your voice made it seem like you didn't know what was going to go on that day.

"A big brawl on the day of the festival..." Draken walked up with a grin. "Really gets my blood pumping!"

Mikey laughed and pumped his fist. "Let's do this!!"

As everyone charged, you quickly moved to the side and grabbed Takemichi, gripping his shoulders and speaking quickly. "South side of the parking lot under one of the lights. That's where Draken's body was found."

A Moebius member grabbed your arm and you said one last thing. "KEEP HIM SAFE!!"

You used your free arm to clench your hand into a fist and jab the member square in the face. "NEVER interrupt me, you impolite bastard!!"

You landed on your hands and spun, kicking Moebius members in the face until you jumped back to your feet. Kiyomasa... where is he?!

You jumped up and kicked three more people in the face before landing again. Where is that bastard?

"Shouldn't have tried to look so nice during a fight!"

You grabbed the guy's fist and flipped him over you, stepping on his wrist. A knife...? Your eyes widened when you saw the familiar face, then they travelled back to the knife. Blood.

You stepped back slowly, then began sprinting towards the spot you told Takemichi about. "DRAKEN!!" You practically picked up Moebius members and flung them out of the way. Damn it! Too slow, too slow, too slow!!

"Y/N!" Mikey held your shoulders, seeing that there was more than rain dripping down your face. "Why the hell are you crying?!"

"K-Kiyomasa— Draken, he—!"

"Mikey-kun! Y/N-chan!"

The two of you looked in the direction of Takemichi's voice. "Draken-kun has been stabbed!"

Your heart dropped and the determination in Mikey's eyes faded as horror replaced it. You and him looked at each other, nodded, and began weaving through the multiple people, kicking, pushing, doing anything to get them out of the way.

Suddenly, someone grabbed you from Mikey's grip. "Doesn't this seem like a familiar experience?"

You squeezed the arm that was holding your from the neck and looked down, seeing the tattoos on his hands. Hanma... "Takemichi!! Bring Ken-chan to safety!" You saw him nod and you began focusing at what was going on in front of you.

"Let her go, you bastard!" Mikey ordered.

"See, that's the thing. I don't have to listen to a thing you say."

You swung your foot back and kicked his shin, then bending over and flipping him over you, slamming your foot into his chest. "Screw off!!"

"Is something wrong?"

Your eye twitched. You little— "Y/N-chin!" You looked up at Mikey. "You have to get to Kenchin. You have more medical knowledge than this whole gang combined."

"But—!"

"That's an order!"

You gritted your teeth. "I hate listening to orders... but fine." With a final glare to Hanma, you sped through the sea of fighting guys, feeling like you were sticking out like a sore thumb amongst all these boys.

"Takemichi!" You searched around, not knowing where Takemichi could have gone after you told him to bring Draken to safety.

From the side of your eye, you saw a group of Toman members slip away from the fight and you looked over, squinting and realizing that those weren't the people you accepted as Toman members.

"What do they... Draken." You sprinted over, your hand clenched tightly into a fist until you heard Takemichi's voice from behind the assembly of trees, making you come to a halt.

"This is revenge."