80 | Pain

• Flashback •

You stared at the container of pills for a while, a dark thought lingering in your mind.

What is the quickest way to make it all go away?

"Why did it have to turn out this way?" It was a useless question. No one would answer.

Your knees hit the floor and you sobbed into your hands, the container clattering to the floor. When did it become too much?

"Tragedy has no reason."

You flinched and turned to the door, quickly wiping away your tears. A man stood in the doorway, arms crossed, and staring down at you. "W-Who are you?"

"That's not important." He knelt down in front of you, looking you right in the eye. "What are you doing?"

You moved back and pressed your back against the wall. "Nothing..." Your eyes travelled to the scrubs on his shoes, something detectives wear when entering a crime scene to not tamper any evidence. His hands hovered above the floor, careful not to press his skin against the tile.

"...Are you going to kill me?"

"Why would you say that?"

"You're careful not to leave your shoe prints on the floor. You're keeping your hands off the floor to avoid fingerprints. So are you here to kill me?"

You didn't let him answer. You jumped to your feet and kicked him back. Before he even had a chance to fall, you grabbed him and threw him out of the washroom, then shut the door.

You locked the door and pressed your back against it. "Leave me alone!"

"Y/N, please!"

You flinched. "How... How do you know..."

"Please open the door." He paused. "If you don't trust me, open the medicine cabinet again."

"Why?"

"Please."

You hesitantly reached out and opened the cabinet.

"There's a lotion bottle."

You picked up the small container and peered inside. "Camera... You put a fucking camera in my washroom?!"

"Y/N, I'm not-"

"Could you please leave?!"

"Not until I know you'll be safe!"

"If you don't leave, I will swallow every single pill in this container and make sure it looks like you murdered me."

You still heard the ragged breathing on the other side. Fine. I was going to die anyways.

It was like you snapped. Seeing someone that looked so familiar yet definitely a stranger.

You grabbed the container and turned on the sink. But before you even finished the container, you realized.

Someone that looked so familiar yet definitely a stranger.

"Da..." You unlocked the door and that was all you managed to do before passing out.

• Flashback End •

You overlooked the area, fighters, blood, bodies, a sight to either behold or fear.

"4/5 fighting prowess..." You began to mutter, stepping down from the storage units you had perched upon. "5/5 physical ability... 1.5/5 intelligence..."