14 | Never Give Up

You ran over and turned the corner, coming to a halt just before you came into Kiyomasa's view.

"Hah?" Kiyomasa tilted his head back with a sneer at his lips.

"We never settled it, did we? Our one on one fight back at the underground fight club." Takemichi's face got serious. "I didn't lose."

You chuckled and walked out from your hiding spot. "Fine then. If you liked those betted fights so much, how 'bout we bet on it? I bet 100,000,000 on Takemichi."

"Same here."

"So do I."

"100,000,000 on Takemichi."

One of the other "Toman members" laughed. "These guys have lost their minds, haven't they."

You let out a laugh, moving your head back and letting your hands hang in your pockets. "No, we haven't. Let me tell you something, Kiyomasa. You could be the strongest, the smartest, or the swiftest person on the planet. But when you go up against someone who never gives up... you will lose."

He clicked his tongue in frustration as Takemichi raised his fist with a battle cry.

With the shing of his knife, Kiyomasa's blade was sticking out of Takemichi's palm.

"Takemichi—!"

"Hina-chan." You put your arm in front of her, your eyes fixated on the fight playing in front of you. "If something truly fatal happens, I'll jump in. Right now... the outcome hasn't been decided."

"I ain't going one-on-one with you." Kiyomasa said, cockily. "This is an execution."

Hina saw your hand clench and lower, hesitant to jump into the fight as you watched.

Takemichi pulled out the knife and threw it to the side, charging towards Kiyomasa again.

He was pushed down again, but got right back up.

He charged and grabbed Kiyomasa's torso, biting him hard.

"Let go if me!!" Kiyomasa ordered after crying out in pain. He pushed at Takemichi, but he managed to get to his back, wrapping his arms around Kiyomasa's neck.

"It doesn't matter if I can't be Mikey-kun!" He tightened his grip on Kiyomasa's neck.

"I am Hanagaki Takemichi!!"

You let a small smile curl at your lips, your fist unclenching. "YOU'VE GOT THIS TAKEMICHI!!"

"DON'T LET GO!"

Finally, Kiyomasa let out a final defeated grunt, falling to his knees and leaning back.

"Did I win...?" You clapped once with a slight jump. "You won!!" He smiled. "Revenge... successful..."

"Takemichi-kun!"

"Stay back, Hina." He slowly got up and faced the other guys that were with Kiyomasa. "Take Emma-chan and get out of here."

You sighed and walked forwards, cracking your knuckles. "Sorry boys, but I haven't gotten a good fight in yet." A smirk appeared on your face. "I can handle this. You get to the hospital."

"Y/N—"

"Shush. I've been dancing this rodeo a lot longer than you, Takemichi. It's been a while since I've given someone a one way ticket to hell."

As the group charged towards you, five distinct figures ran in front of you, one of them slamming their fist into one of Kiyomasa's men.

"A-Akkun?"

"Y/N, everyone agrees that guys are supposed to be the ones protecting the girls." Takemichi's friends got into their odd positions. "Here comes the Mizo Middle Five!"

———

"Um, I think it's time for me to jump in." You rolled your shoulder back and sped over, jumping up and landing three kicks on one of the members, landing on the ground and smashing your fist into another's face.

You used Takuya's shoulder as some sort of step stool and jumped up high enough to slam your foot into another one of Kiyomasa's goons, straight at the top of their head.

"She's amazing..." Takemichi whispered.

"Only the best for our third in command..." Draken sounded groggy, his words slurred.

You glanced back for a moment before crossed your arms and using them to block one of the gang member's feet. "Dammit, where is that ambulance?!"

You pushed him back and punched him in the face, all of the members of Kiyomasa's gang now lying around you.

"Y/N-chan!" You looked back and saw Hina and Emma running over. "The ambulance is here!"

You nodded and ran over to Draken. "Alright, I'm going to need you to do something, alright Ken-chan?"

"Y/N, I can carry— Okay then."

You lifted Draken on your back and began running towards the sound of the ambulance siren, your mind throwing different scenarios at you as if you didn't think up all of them the night before.

Takemichi followed Draken into the ambulance and you stepped back, the ambulance doors swinging closed as it rushed back down the street.

"Y/N!" Your head turned and you saw Mikey on his motorcycle, his teeth gritted and his hair in a mess. "Get on!"

You hopped on his motorcycle and held into his torso and he immediately began speeding down the road in pursuit of the ambulance.

"Y/N."

"Yes?"

"You know about a bunch of different gangs in our area, right?" You furrowed your brow, wondering how the topic came about. "Yeah, I do. Why?"

"Do you know anything about Valhalla?"

Your heart dropped. "...A little bit. I'll find out a bit more if you'd like." He nodded. "Please do that."

The motorcycle stopped in front of the hospital and Mikey put up the stand. "Come on." He took your hand and the two of you walked inside.

"Is Draken okay?!" You heard from down the hall. You sighed and walked towards the operation room, seeing everyone gathered around.

"Don't be too loud. It's rather rude, don't you think?"

You sat down and Mikey sat down next to you. "Kenchin has always made good on his word , since way back. He's not going to die here. He'd never be that dishonest. 'Cause he'd promised me that we would own the whole world together."

"Takemichi." Mikey leaned on your shoulder and you smiled at everyone. "Ken-chan is like you. He doesn't give up. So let's trust him like he trusted you."

The light above the door dinged and said, "Operation in Progress."

Takemichi glanced at you and saw that, despite your words, your hands were shaking and you kept nervously peering at the door. 

The light clicked off and you grabbed Mikey's hand, squeezing it gently as he looked up at the doctor that walked out. "...We stopped his life from ending. The operation was a success."

Mikey stood up, still holding your hand, and began walking out of the hospital with you.

The other Toman members were standing at the entrance and you smiled, pressing your hands together. "The operation was a success."

They all cheered as if they had won the greatest game of their life. And maybe they had. Draken lived. Sure, Moebius is still out there, ready to pounce. But with Draken still alive and breathing, everyone felt this: Toman won.