50 | The Generation of Brutality

Yes, Takemichi was the leader at the moment. Yes, he stood in front of Toman with his fist up high. But he wasn't quite the strongest.

Kakucho looked down at his friend on the ground, his fist unclenching. "Takemichi, you're still weak. Are you all bite but no bark?"

Like always, Takemichi got to his feet, his eyes set on Kisaki in the near distance. "Get out of my way, Kakucho. My opponent is Kisaki."

"As long as I am here, I won't let you near him."

Kisaki stared down at the fight that he had begun. "Izana... Tenjiku seems to be having a hard time taking down Toman." Izana watched the fight play out and let a smile curl at his lips. "We formed up at a juvenile centre when we were thirteen. The generation of brutality...."

He looked at the few with a certain pride in his eyes. "Mocchi was arrested for 'obstructing the execution of public duty. He beat up a cop who was trying to stop a fight. Blood-lusty, isn't he?"

You would think he was talking about his prized pupils, his dearest friends, like a parent talking about their oh-so successful child.

"Mucho's crime was assault." Izana watched Inui get slammed to the ground. "He broke his opponents spine and caused lower body paralysis."

"Whoa... did he hit him with a car?" Hanma questioned, or rather marvelled.

"He threw them on the concrete."

Just as he said so, Mucho mimicked the move that he had done to his opponent to get himself arrested on Inui, leaving the boy to lie on the ground with a pained back. "Inui, you're finished."

Hakkai and Angry stood back to back, Angry there with a broken arm and Hakkai standing with wounds around his body. The Haitani brother didn't even have half of the wounds they did. Rindo was doing the splits in front of them, for crying out loud.

"Come on, are you scared? Come here... I'll handle a little more than your arm, though." He grinned. "Hey bro, these guys are looking down on me because I'm the younger one."

"Tell them good, Rindo."

Well, this was explicitly threatening, but you weren't there to say it straight.

"The Haitani brothers' crime was 'inflicting injury resulting in death.'" Izana continued.

"Oh, I know that one! The infamous 'Roppongi Battle of the Ashes'!" Hanma recited as if it were some sort of fanbase.

"At that time, the largest team in Tokyo was Roppongi Kyouko. Their captain and vice captain went one on one with the Haitani brothers. The leader was out in an instant and Ran immediately went for the vice captain, who was against his brother. And the rest is history."

Izana maintained his smile of pride the entire time. "The generation of brutality forms Tenjiku. It's useless, even if Toman struggles. The victory belongs to Tenjiku."

Kisaki sat there, silent. He knew this already, from the moment he spoke to you. You recited it almost exactly like Izana did, simply adding Shion Madarame.

"Why do you wanna know?" You questioned. "I'm the strategist, so I'm the only one who needs to know any of this."

You were quite the bright one, even he had to admit. But there was something you had that he didn't: compassion. But something that you lacked... was his brutality.