58 | Sayonara Tokyo Manji

"So do you know what's happening?" You asked.

Mikey called Toman out to Musashi Shrine, but you weren't told about anything. And it was odd since you were always told everything.

"I have no idea. But he wouldn't call a meeting if it wasn't important." Draken said. "Hang on, I need to make a U turn." You clung onto his uniform and he made a U turn, parking nearby the shrine. "Alright, we're here."

He held your hand and helped you off the motorcycle. "I've gotten off a motorcycle before, Draken."

His eyes were filled with this strange pain that you couldn't quite pinpoint, but you didn't ask about it.

You got to the shrine and noticed Takemichi standing in front of Mikey. A warm smile appeared on your face, although it was also somewhat solemn. You knew that you'd have to say goodbye.

"No matter how many times you were beat down trying to save everyone. You didn't give up, and fought.." Mikey gazed over the crowd. "And created this era today!"

Pride filled everyone's hearts. This was an era. Toman's era. But, unknown to everyone there, it was about to end.

You saw it in Mikey's eyes. It was like that guiding light that was beginning to fade, but you could still see it in the distance. "Draken, do you think that we'd be family forever?"

"Huh? What bring this on?" He noticed the seriousness in your expression. "Y/N?"

"Listen up, everyone!" Mikey announced. "While we've made some huge sacrifices, we defeated Tenjiku and Toman's now top in Japan! e have created and era that will be talked about for generations to come! That's why... I want to end it at its peak!"

Draken's eyes widened. "Wait... Y/N..."

"As of today! Tokyo Manji Gang's disbanded!"

"What?! What are you going on about all of a sudden?"

Mikey stared down at the chatter in silence. He knew what he was doing, and he had decided it.

"Captain of the First Division, Takemichi Hanagaki! Step forward!"

Takemichi slowly walked up in front of Mikey, standing at the bottom of the steps and looking up at his leader.

You heard the chatter. Why was it ending when everything was going so well? Was Mikey serious? Was this really the end of Toman? This gang? This family?

"If we're going to change the future, this is the best way, right?" Mikey said.

You tilted your head. Interesting choice of words... Did Takemichi tell him already?

"Captain of the Second Division, Mitsuya Takashi! Step forward!"

Mitsuya stepped forward.

"Toman was only able to come this far because of you."

"Mikey, hold on a second...!"

But Mikey continued. "Acting Third Division Captain, Ryohei Hayashi!" Peh-yan walked forward. "You've worked hard during this time with Pah-chin. You were the greatest acting captain."

"Mikey...."

"Captain of the Fourth Division, Nahoya Kawata!"

Uncommonly, Smiley stepped forward with a frown on his face and tears stinging his eyes.

"For everything you've done till now for Toman, thank you."

"Don't say that Mikey... I... don't like it." Smiley walked up to you and you wrapped your arms around him, patting his back.

"Captain of the Fifth Division, Yasuhiro Muto! Although he's not here because he got arrested, I will remember him as a Toman member till the end!"

Mikey looked down, looking you in the eye. The image of your captain suddenly blurred as tears finally began to form.

"Strategist, Y/N L/N."

You walked forward and stopped at the bottom of the stairs. He smiled down at you.

"You're the only girl in this gang, but you're one of the strongest, both mentally, emotionally, and physically. Thank you... for always being there for this gang when we needed you."

You couldn't let out words, so you simply bowed and turned around.

You quickly wiped away tears and took in a deep breath.

"And lastly, Vice President of the Tokyo Manji Gang, Ken Ryuguji!"

Instead of Mikey speaking first, Draken spoke. "Manjiro Sano. You're egotistical, and think, 'I alone am the world honored one.' But, we were pulled in that charisma and were brought together this far. I have no objections to the leader's decision!"

He bowed.

"Thank you for everything up to today! Our leader!!"

Cheers sounded through the night, fists pumped into the air.

"Today, Toman is disbanded! No matter how amazing a time is, it has to end one day! It's just that it's today! But never forget!! Toman is forever in our hearts!!"

You glanced at Takemichi, who wasn't cheering along with everyone, and you put your hand on his shoulder. He turned to you and you grinned. "This... this is our gang."

•••

You stood in front of the area you, and some of the other members of Toman had buried a time capsule. Even though you just buried the letter, you couldn't remember a single word you put in there. But you'd read it eventually.

You stood there for a while. It felt like if you left, you'd really be saying goodbye to Toman.

What kind of memories did you make? Were they all happy? Sure, there were some sad ones, but you still remember how much your cheeks would hurt from smiling, or how your stomach would hurt from laughing.

One of the most craziest, stressful, painful eras of your life... was also your happiest. And you knew it.

You walked away from the softened ground where the time capsule lay underneath and stood at the steps of the shrine, staring down from where Mikey would normally stand. The shrine looked so empty without Toman.

• Flashback •

"Hey Mikey..." You began, looking at him from over the back rest of one of his dining chairs.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"If you were to have a gang like Shi-nii-chan's, what would you name it?"

Mikey took a moment to think, then he snapped. "I'd want to be the leader. But, not those mean ones that rule over their gang with fear. I want my subordinates to like me! And I'd name it... Tokyo Manji. Or, Toman."

"That's just a spin of your name."

"Yeah! And that's what makes it the best."

• Flashback End •

You smiled and walked off the steps, sparing one last glance to the shrine and holding up that small charm that the founding members had all shared. "Sayonara Tokyo Manji."