55 | Live

"Kisaki!" Takemichi began, sternly. "Why.. are you so obsessed with Hina?"

Kisaki's laughing stopped, his golden glare setting itself on Takemichi.

"I get that you're clinging onto Mikey-kun because you want Toman.. but why do you kill Hina every time?"

Kisaki looked up with a neutral expression, although Takemichi could sense this hint of frustration. "I see... I failed again."

A taller, older version of both Kisaki and Hina appeared before Takemichi. But that wasn't what was more eye-catching. Nor was it the winter weather, with snow falling over the two. But it was a small, small detail of the scene.

A ring. An engagement ring, to be precise.

Kisaki had proposed to Hina, but rather than yes, Hina said she was sorry and left.

"Kisaki... do you possibly like..."

Before Takemichi could finish, Kisaki raised his gun and aimed it at him. "Takemichi, this connection between you and I ends now. I'll tell you since it's the end."

To answer Takemichi's question simply, yes, Kisaki did like Hina.

"I was the child prodigy in elementary school. I pretended not to like Hina Tachibana, and I thought she would surely fall for a child prodigy like me. But.. one day, a 'hero' came and stole her heart."

And that hero was Takemichi. It was almost funny how things connected. "My hero" Kisaki had called him. And he was the hero.. the hero that stole the heroine's heart, as they always do. Leaving the side characters to turn to antagonists.

That's how it all worked.

Sadly for Kisaki, he was that side character.

"I followed you after that day." Kisaki continued. "You said to your friend Takuya that you'd become the number one delinquent in Japan. A delinquent? Someone like that, a hero? I researched about delinquents and even got in contact with real ones. Osanai seemed like he was close to the top, but he wasn't number one. Eventually, I found this one guy: Tokyo Manji Gang's leader Manjiro Sano. And I had all the pieces to my plan."

Takemichi was frozen, dumbfounded. He began all this simply because he fell in love with Hina?

"He had some sort of advisor, however." Kisaki slightly lowered his gun. "That girl. Incredible memory, rational thinker both academically and street-wise, an amazing fighter... I knew I wouldn't be able to get to Mikey with her in the way."

Her? Who's... wait, Y/N-chan?!

"Even if I was a part of the gang, she would never let me grab the strings to use Manjiro Sano as my puppet. So, instead, I chipped away at her until I got to her head. Slowly took away the things most important to her, also doing the same to Manjiro... two birds with one stone. And eventually, I got to him. But.. every single time, you got in the way! How many times have you time leaped?!"

Wait.. but... Y/N said that Mikey pushed her away. Could it be that.. "You.. You killed Hina over and over again.. for revenge?!"

"Tachibana's my woman! I'm not handing her over to a bastard like you!! If I have to, I'll just kill her!"

A burning rage began to grow in Takemichi, like a forest catching fire and spreading like a virus throughout the trees. And it was all powering a single kick that made the gun clatter to the ground and Takemichi picked it up, aiming it at Kisaki.

"I should've done this a long time ago."

"Takemichi-kun!"

The familiar voice gaining Takemichi's attention, Kisaki made a run for it. But the three of them - Mikey, Hina, and Takemichi - bound after him. A game of who has the most adrenaline had begun a long time ago, and they saw the finish line.