62 | More Than a Deity

"Alright, that's the one you'll rent?"

Mitsuya nodded and you sighed. "Finally. Peh-yan, I'll send you the details and you can run it by Pah-chin. Capiche?"

"Yep."

You slapped your knees and got up. "Anyways, I gotta head to school."

"School? You're still going? It's like, the middle of the day."

"Yeah, and if I leave now, I should make it for the second half of the school day. I still need a high school diploma, you know."

"But your smarter than the teachers there." Peh-yan complained with a tilt back of his head. "Why do you still need to go?"

"I can't give myself a diploma." You picked up your laptop and put it in your backpack. "It's the weekend tomorrow, so I can come in for the whole day."

You walked out of the office and your mom was waiting for you in her car. "Thanks for picking me up."

"Like I said, I'm not going on that business trip until tomorrow, and I want to make the most of it."

"You know, it's not a bad thing to go on business trips."

"I know, it's just..."

"Mom," You smiled at her. "it's fine, really."

The drive from the office to the school takes about 30 minutes, while lunch time lasts around an hour. You should be able to get to school.

But, of course, the universe isn't a big fan of things going right.

"What is causing all this traffic?" Your mom questioned, honking at the horn. You poked your head out the window and groaned. "Hold on."

As you got out of the car and walked down the side of the road, rain began to fall, your hair sticking to your forehead and your clothes sticking to your skin. With an irritated sigh, you muttered, "Alright, let's get this over with."

You knew exactly what was causing traffic to stop, but it was always annoying as hell. See, there's a certain honour code when it comes to gangs that creates the fine line between gangs and criminals, and that's to never involve other people and to clean up whatever occurred after. There's a time and place for everything.

The middle of a busy street while people are trying to get where they need to be? Not the time or the place.

"Are you trying to interfere with the-"

"Ladies, ladies, you're all pretty, can we get to where we need to be now?" Your eyes scanned the area, every figure within the radius now going still. You jerked your head to the side to flick wet hair from your face.

Takemichi looked around. No one protested, no one attacked. They were all facing you, even the leaders, as if you were their queen.

"Listen up!" Your familiar commanding tone edged your voice as you stepped forward to the space between the two gangs. "You are to leave here immediately before the police come and you will do so quietly. Any weapons thrown, shot, or fired after I say this will be both confiscated by me..."

There was a suspenseful pause.

"...and used on its owner. Understood?"

"Yes m'am!"

Takemichi flinched at the sudden yells of affirmation coming from both sides of him. And to you, nonetheless.

"Move out."

The leaders each moved in opposite directions, and Brahman moved towards you. "I probably made you late for school, huh?" Akashi Takeomi patted your head. "Sorry about that, Goddess."