32 | Love of a Sibling

Chifuyu and Takemichi both looked at you, one in confusion.

"Kai-kun was a violent kid." You recalled. "Sure, he's a bit more peaceful now, but it's because he abided with Tsu-chan's advice of using violence to protect."

Takemichi tilted his head. "But why would he need to kill for him to protect?"

"Yuzuha-chan."

Chifuyu and Takemichi looked at each other with a sense of realization. Neither really had a relationship with Hakkai, so they felt no need to try and figure out why he killed his own older brother.

"Her and Kai-kun don't have the greatest relationship with Taiju. He beat them up since they were really small, thinking that he was helping them."

"So, what'll we do to stop it?" Takemichi leaned forward.

"Knowing Kisaki, he's fabricated this." You crossed your arms, your eyes travelling to the floor. "Kai-kun will probably somehow be joining together with Toman after taking over. But how would that help Kisaki...?"

"Well, first of all, we should probably keep Hakkai from leaving." Chifuyu suggested.

You gave the two a commanding look. "Don't try to keep Kai-kun from leaving. Instead, try to prevent the worst and prevent him from killing Taiju. You're probably thinking that you can offer Mikey a snack or something to convince him."

Takemichi saw Chifuyu's face drop. She knows this gang way too well.

You stood up and brushed off your pants. "In any case, Mikey would most likely start yelling at me for being out for so long. I did promise to cook him dinner. See ya."

•••

Three days later, everyone gathered in the abandoned warehouse to determine what would happen with the previous encounter with the Black Dragons. You were seated not far to the left of Mikey, a book in your lap as if you held no place in that meeting whatsoever.

"As you all know, four days ago, Takemitchy was almost beaten to a pulp by the leader of the Black Dragons, and instead of that, he got into a one on one fight with Y/N. Since he committed violence against our members, this is a declaration of war."

You closed your book and put it down next to you. "It's really not a big deal."

"There is a swelling bruise on your cheek, and he sprained your wrist. What, exactly, isn't a big deal?" Mikey questioned.

You sighed and opened your book again. "Never mind."

"Cheeky bastards. Let's stomp their asses." The fact that Smiley could say such a violent statement with a grin on his face was truly stunning in the eyes of Takemichi. Of course, even with that smile, it was easy to tell when Smiley was actually mad.

"We already beat the Black Dragons once, right?" Yasuhiro said. "It'll be easy to do it again."

"Correction, it was the ninth generation we beat." You flipped a page of your book with an annoyed scoff. "Of course, it's not our fault that someone thought it'd be a good idea to restore them."

"That's not the point. The point is that Takemitchy wouldn't have known where the Black Dragon territory was." Smiley reminded everyone. "So why the hell did you take him there, Hakkai?"

You felt the tension in the room, turning your head to Takemichi, who seemed to be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"Hey, Hakkai." Yasuhiro got close to Hakkai's face. "Are you acting as a spy for the Black Dragons?"