57 | Motorcycles

"Well, looks like you found me."

"It says on your page what restaurants you like to go to." You let go of Hanma and looked him up and down. "Is your bad posture because your little leader was so much shorter than you?"

"Hey, hey, don't need to make fun of the dead."

"He made fun of Keisuke. It's fair enough." You turned and set your feet on the ground. "I'm only here to make sure you don't mess with Mikey again. See you."

"Whatever you say, little strategist."

You walked out of the restaurant, stopping next to the entrance. Something was different about Hanma. He didn't seem as smug as he normally did. "Hey, Hanma." You began once you heard the motorcycle start. "Can you bring me home?"

"Why would I do that?"

"My home's a bit away. Just help a girl out, would you?" You paused. "I'll pay you."

"Hop on."

You slowly approached his motorcycle, but came to a stop the moment you got too close. "Hey, what's the problem?" He turned back and noticed your clear hesitation in getting on the back of his motorcycle.

Now that I think about it, she's never ridden one by herself before.. and it's always the same five people.

"Alright, you baby." He got off and lifted you up. "Just hold on to me, you won't fall."

"Takemichi told me that you and Kisaki fell."

"That wasn't my fault."

You held onto him tightly, your eyes fixated on the ground, wide and alert. "Damn, don't hold on so tightly." Hanma looked back at you and then forward. "Why'd you decide to talk to me? You're not getting any humanitarian points or anything."

You put your face in his back. "I dunno. Felt like I should." Geez, I can't believe I'm about to say this. "Sorry about Kisaki, by the way."

"Wow, weren't you trash talking him earlier?"

"Well damn, sorry for deciding to care."

He came to a stop and you stepped off. "Come inside, I don't have my money right now."

"I'll wait out here, thanks."

Your head snapped towards him and you clicked your tongue. "Fun fact, I picked up Draken once."

"What does that have to do with— WHOA, wasn't expecting that!"

You picked him up on your back and kicked the door open. "Mom, can you make some hot chocolate, please?"

"Yeah sure, but—" Her, Chifuyu, and Mitsuya all froze, seeing you literally plop Hanma on the floor. "Oh, and me too."

They all slowly nodded and continued doing what they were doing.

You went upstairs and opened your drawer, pulling out 3030 yen (30 Canadian dollars) and going back downstairs.

"Hanma, where—" You deadpanned, noticing that he was actually bonding with your mom... over bullying people when they were middle school. "What the heck, mom."

"What? He seems like a sweet boy." She slid some tariyaki in a takeout box to your seat.

You, Chifuyu, and Mitsuya all looked at each other. "Uh huh... anyways, here, you big skeleton."

"Y/N!"

"What? He's a lanky ass!"

"Watch your mouth!"

"I legit say shit in front of you!" You sighed and sat next to Hanma, placing the yen in front of him. "Mom, you know who this is, right?"

"I have this feeling that this isn't the first fugitive you've brought to the house, sweetie."