chapter 4

Arielle is not in her right mind, can't process what she just heard from Mr.Henry. Not leaving job was a relief but company falling down was even worse. Arielle is not courageous enough to face this moment, she closes her eyes for a moment and its black. Arielle feels empty and somehow manages to ask Mr. Henry,

"Arielle: how did this happen all of a sudden?

Mr. Henry: (in a sad tone) ah-ah it was some weeks back when we actually started loosing our stocks often, it was Zig Zag pattern one day we could make profits and the other we were in debts, Mr.Turnor and I were making changes to plans, budget and what not, but weren't able to tackle this. And now unfortunately we stand very low.

Arielle: (closes her eyes in immence disappointment) is there no way out?

Mr.Henry: huh, practically nothing but only if we could get a really big company invest on us, which is not possible because of our sea deep debt."

Arielle is listening to all this but her mind is refusing to understand the situation. She doesn't want to accept the company she worked for is going to shut down soon. She wants to stop this but feels helpless.

Arielle leaves Mr.henry's cabin and comes out in the hall, takes her bag and exits her office.

Arielle walks out of the office and goes to a café nearby. She enters the café and sits on the table straight in front of the door. But while going ahead she accidentally dropped her key in the café, but like always she doesn't know this. Arielle sits on the chair and puts her head on the table. All negative thoughts are crossing her mind now. Coincidentally, Flynn also comes into the same café, and suddenly sees a key on the floor, he looks near him and sees a girl with her head down, Arielle ofcourse. Flynn reaches to her table and taps on the table.

"Flynn: Miss I think you accidentally dropped

Arielle: (slowly looks up with half-opened eyes)

Flynn: Arielle!!

Arielle: (alerts herself and sits straight and sane) oh Mr. Flintoff, good morning.

Flynn: good morning Arielle. Hey, I think you mistakenly dropped your key. Take This( hands her the key)

Arielle: thankyou so much. I must've dropped this too. AGAIN! (sighs)

Flynn: it doesn't have to be formal Arielle.

Arielle: ah.

Flynn: so what's up, what are you doing here and not in office now?

Arielle: oh-ya I took an off today.

Flynn: (sees Arielle's work bag and smiles)

Arielle: um actually I wasn't feeling well so that's why I returned from office.

Flynn: oh everything ok?

Arielle: ya ya just some headache.

Flynn: ok, have some cofee then ( orders coffee).

So, about that event, was it a success?

Arielle: I don't really know.

Flynn: cool. "

Arielle is constantly surrounded by thoughts of telling Mr. Flintoff the situation and asking him for help, but won't ask thinking of having an embarrassing image of her. Both of them finish the coffee.

"Arielle: I'll be back from the restroom.

Flynn: hm

Arielle goes to the restroom.

Arielle's phone beeps and Monet's messages flash on the lock screen.

* Do you know anyone who could invest on us, text back ASAP *.

Flynn reads these messages and gets a clue of Arielle's tense behaviour.

Arielle comes back.

Arielle: do you wish to have another coffee Mr. Flintoff?

Flynn: um no,( orders a coffee for Arielle)

Oh Arielle, has your company finalised the investors ?

Arielle: I don't think so, the event was a week back, so it'd take some time.( Showing fake confidence).

Arielle sips her coffee.

Flynn: (Flynn's phone rings, it's manager's call) Um I think it's time to leave, meet you soon, bye. ( Turns)

Arielle: yes, bye Mr. Flintoff ( voice lowers)"

Arielle also leaves the place after some time and walks back home.

*Hey, it's time to vote this story*