Chapter 35

Arielle and Dan reached their home, Arielle avoided her Mom and Dad and rushed to her room immediately. Hana was asking her to have dinner when she marched midway, Brian was also shocked to see her daughter in this condition, her bloodshot eyes, face moistened with tears and face pale with agony. Hana and Brian had a thought of talking to her but Dan explains them the situation and requests them to refrain from going near her and rather give her a little space for the time being. She squarely sobbed for the whole night and for that not being enough torture, she woke up real early the next day as she had no exigancy of sleep when she has other topics to entangle. She made her self presentable after taking a quick shower, ready for the office, making her family question her judgements, but they were too scared to speak to her. When she reached the office, she did what she does when she's mostly worn out, WORK, sounds pathetic, but that's how she is, that's when she's the most productive, but no scale can measure the amount of stress caused at that very cycle.

"Monet: (cheerful) HEY!

Arielle: (in a low voice) Hi.

Monet: woah, what is up? Why so low? (says with concern)

Arielle: Oh na nothing, just- (pauses) nothing, one of those rubbish days.(says with a fake smile)

Monet: Understandable. (nods) So, did you hand over Steve's phone to him?(pauses for a second) OFC you did, what a fool am I.

Arielle: (flabbergasted, gulps the unexisiting mountain in her throat) ye-yeah. (too stunned by the name, it's better I don't hear about any of them, not right now) You know that?

Monet: yeah Arielle, he called me, said he has an emergency and won't come to the office for the next few days.

Arielle: oh. (says unobviously)

Monet: ok. So (continues her work) How's Flynn and-

Arielle: I got work. (says blandly) I mean, I have a lot of work left. (says in a soft tone this time)

Monet: oh yeah. No problem. 

Arielle: (turns towards her desk) 

Monet: Arielle!

Arielle: yeah?

Monet: Just remember that-, that I'm  there.

Arielle: (smiles and nods before turning)."

 She completed her long awaited project on the very day and left the office at 4, she decided to take a cab and travel to outskirts of the city, only one place. Where her mind has been for the whole day. She reaches the hospital, and makes her baby steps or to be precise the very heavy fear-stricken steps towards Flynn's room, she was trying her best to open her eyes, barely winning in doing so. She saw Kyla sitting near his bed. Her face was beaming with a smile as soon as Arielle decided to shoot her eyes somewhere away, just not Flynn for this moment. Kyla's face was glowing with a genuine smile as she saw Arielle and soft voice came out of her mouth.

"Kyla: Here she is. (says smiling)

Flynn: (gasps without making any sound) Arielle! (whispers to himself)

Arielle: Evening Mrs.(pauses) (How can I say this, when I have already made this mistake before, I feel guilty for saying this, but I won't make this Awkward) -Kyla 'Aunt'.

Kyla: (chuckles) NO Arielle, We're not doing this. Call me just Kyla.

Arielle: (smiles)  ok.

Kyla leaves the room     

Arielle sits at the low little cot in the back of the room to adjust herself, mostly her mind.

Flynn: Arielle!

Arielle: (shuts her eyes close and sighs heavily)

Flynn: Arielle- (clears his throat)

The nurse enters the room

Nurse: Mr. Flintoff, lemme check your pulse.

Flynn: hm (nods)

Nurse: (checks his pulse and B.P.) hmm, you look fine. (marks her notepad) You've had your medicines?

Flynn: ye-yeah.

Nurse: both morning and noon? Coz noon isn't marked in the sheet.

Flynn: Uh, morning.

Nurse: What? Mr. flintoff you can't miss medicines, the doctor is gonna blow us up. Why haven't you?

Flynn: I - Uh- was sleeping.

Nurse: Fine, but have them now, you're also not having complete meals, that's not good, have fruits between the meals. Ma'am (calls Arielle), give him these apples, they're good for him.

Arielle: (nods) ok.

Flynn: (glances at Arielle only to turn it into a long chamring stare)

Nurse: (chuckles) Ok, I'll leave, call for anything.

The nurse leaves the room

Arielle: (stands up to grab 2 apples and washes them in the sink and them grabs the knife and starts cutting them, too focused to cut them just to avoid flynn) 

Flynn: Arielle (in a low voice)

Arielle: hm. 

Flynn: I'm sorry. (says in a warm yet cold voice)

Warm from his heart but cold from the situation

Arielle pauses for a second but then ignoring his statement totally continues to cut the Apples, after done cutting them she decorates them keenly in a plate and stands up to offer them to Flynn, she takes her baby steps towards his bed, finally when she reaches his bedside where he was resting his back straight to the wall, she deicdes to drop her head down and shift her gaze downwards. Jumpy words escape her mouth after a battle of thoughts in her head and been there standing idle for a minute.

Arielle: Have them. (in a low voice) 

Flynn: Give me that. (says coldly this time)

Arielle: give what? (brings the plate forward)

Flynn: The knife at that table. (points at the table)

Arielle: (her mouth open in confusion) 

Flynn: Go get that and stab me in the heart. (says with pain in his voice) 

Arielle: (sharply looks at him, not being helped with her welled eyes) (Not right now, I can't cry now, NO, You Mr. Flintoff make it difficult)

Flynn: GO, All your problems and tears are gonna end with me.

Arielle: (tears falling but tries her best not to cry) (wipes her tears) YES.