Chapter 7

Arielle is walking home with all those thoughts of betrayal, but it wasn't a betrayal, was it?

"Arielle: why does it make me feel awful, having a connection and still not being able to convince him? He offered a job position though. (Smirks) a position of an assistant, so I'll be happy working day and night on a fixed job, knowing that I'll never be upgraded. WHY WOULD ANYONE SAVE THE SINKING SHIP, ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS CLOSE TO THE BED OF THE SEA HUH. Maybe Nolan has done everything right. Why to blame him? I should understand my friend. But only if I was in his place would I ever do that,(tears fall). I'd never let anyone fall down from the cliff of dreams."

Arielle was breaking apart at this point after being rejected by everyone. It was the toughest phase of her life.

A week went by and there was nothing positive happening all this time, only when Monet received a email from Flynn's company.

" Monet: STEVE, ARIELLE! Come here right now!!

Steve: you okay Monet? You almost gave me a heart attack.

Arielle: oh yeah, I was in the other hall and almost dead when I heard you.

Monet: believe me, I was dead too until I received this mail ah.

Steve: we'll breathe too, if you could just read that out to us.

Arielle: Yes that.

Monet: Yes yes. So it is a mail from A.U.G. responding to our mail proposing a bigger share.

Steve: do you read that right? I mean hell man.

Arielle: A.U.G.!! How even?

Monet: read it by yourself, imma tell this to Mr. Henry now. ( Leaves)

Mr. Henry asks everyone to be present in the hall.

Mr. Henry: I know that we are in a really bad phase and even if we start fixing things it'd take a lot of time. I want all of you to be prepared mentally. I can't thank enough to all of you here for being loyal to our company. You can all have an day off today . Thankyou.( Wipes his tears)"

No one in the office is ready to believe what's happening, are they really going to survive. A ray of sunshine has already knocked the darkness, who knows if it's really going to make things better.

Everyone leaves the office except Mr.Henry.

Arielle reaches her home and sees the least expected person to show up.

Arielle murmurs.

"Arielle: Amber! no freaking way."

Amber Wilson is Arielle's older cousin. She used to work in an MNC and is a great personality among her family. She was once a role model for Arielle. When Arielle was a little girl she always wanted to be like her, successful, ambitious and, more importantly, an optimist. But while growing up, maybe Amber couldn't find Arielle's dream figure qualities intact. Amber loved an Irish guy, Jeff, and she was so influenced by that guy that she left her job and started a real estate business with him. Amber got married soon. Both Amber and Jeff worked together on their business. Arielle felt that Amber was making a bad call. She shouldn't have done that, and from that day Amber was Arielle's least loved Wilson.

"Amber: hey Arielle, wassup?(cheerfully)

Arielle: hi( fakes her smile)

Amber: came here today, how are you doin'?

Arielle: Yeah, I'm good.

Hana: you get freshened up Arielle, we'll have tea.

Arielle: yup."

It was a happy day for Arielle in the office, but seeing amber made her feel awkward and a little gloomy looking at herself where she stood. Arielle went to her room and took a bathe. She joined the Wilson family at the dining table later.

On the dinner table

"Amber: so, Arielle, how's job?

Arielle: oh it's good.

Amber: heard you're getting fired.

Arielle gets furious after listening to this, she looks aggressively towards Hana.

Amber: Don't worry Arielle, we're a family too. What's so restricted about that, everyone's gonna know about this in some time. And someone who reads 'Economics daily' has been knowing this since forever. You can join us in the real estate business if you wish to.

Arielle: nah, I really don't think it is what you're talking about. And about real estate, starting everything from scratch would make me a total idiot."

Arielle was brave enough to comment on this about Amber. Directly referring to Amber, who left her job and went for real estate. Even after not being fond of Amber, Arielle never used to talk to Amber in such an insolent way. It was the constant thought of comparing herself with amber which was misleading Arielle.

"Hana: ARIELLE, watch your tone, Amber is older than you, and even if she wasn't, that's not a way to talk to anyone.

Amber: ay it ain't rude aunty, that's a sister talk, gotta be expecting that. Hey Arielle, let's go and watch a movie in your room.

Hana: your guarding the brat Amber. "

Arielle and Amber supped up the tea, and went to Arielle's room. Despite Arielle not liking amber, she couldn't forget the fact how sweet she was. Arielle was having all those nostalgic thoughts of moments of years back when she used to be a great companion to Arielle.

" Amber: ay Arielle, you just ducked for a slap LoL.(laughs)

Arielle: (looks weirdly at Amber).

Amber: Aunt Hana would honestly tear you down into pieces, she's a woman of demeanour.

Arielle: ah yes.

Amber: hey, I'm you sister Arielle. You can tell me whatever you feel. I've been in a similar situation too.

Arielle: similar, how?

Amber: the only difference was that leaving my company was my choice.

Arielle: ok (smiles). First of all, I'M NOT GETTING FIRED And you very well know that the choices you made were so erroneous.

Amber: oh (chuckles) we all make certain moves, Arielle, where has almost your whole life on stake, but what matters is the only question, ' will I ever regret this?'

Arielle: sounds perfect Amber, but only for a movie story. You left your job in an MNC, you were having the life anyone could desire? Which I fancied for.

Amber: (laughs) hey hey hey. (Puts her hand on Arielle's shoulder) that was a successful life though. I dreamt of that life and was lucky enough to live it.

Arielle: and what made you leave that?

Amber: I suppose you won't l-o-v-e (gestures inverted comma ) to hear that.

Arielle: (making a dissatisfied face) c'mon , a guy made you leave all that.

Amber: he never asked me to leave all that. It was my decision to have a better life ahead for us and Vienna."

*Hey, Arielle and Amber won't argue if you vote this chapter*