Chapter 24

A few weeks pass without any interaction between Flynn and Arielle. She's still making things work for her, as she knows how low she stands, and Flynn was super busy with his work overseas for 5 days. One fine evening, Arielle was working in her office late as she does a lot of times, when she feels stressed, she works late and tries to engage herself in work, no matter how unimportant.

In the office

"Monet: Arielle, you should really get going, See, I'm leaving.

Arielle: I'll leave in, um, like 30 mins?

Monet: Fine, I'm going.

Arielle: Yeah, IK.(smirks)

Monet: BYE(walks)

Arielle: Bye-(glances at her as she walks and quickly returns to her screen)

Monet: (runs back and hugs her from the back) and you thought I'd go without a hug?

Arielle: (laughs) I was looking forward to it.

Monet: (grabs a chair) listen Arielle, think about yourself too , working is not gonna work everytime, you need to sort things out too.

Arielle: hey ,hey, what is it to sort huh?

Monet: (nods in dissapointment) everything Arielle, you. Your life, you think no one sees your coping mechanisms huh? I see you draining everyday. Just get back to yourself soon girl.

Arielle: (awkwardly nods) sure.

Monet: Ok I guess I'll leave.

Arielle: Bye Monet.(says in a soft tone) (Monet leaves)"

Arielle continues her work on her laptop. Suddenly she hears a voice from behind-"Working so late?" She shivers as she hears this voice, her hands stop typing at once, she's still and is in no position to answer for now. Soon another voice is heard-"I'm not sure if  we can pay you extra (scoffs)". She knows now that she has to answer, also she can't just run away from this situation, She gathers all her courage and slowly turns back. She sees Flynn standing in front of her, slightly inclined backwards to the table, with his coat in his hands. She was so lost that she couldn't hear him walk. She is sitting on her chair, all mum, just staring at him.

"Flynn: No talking then?(shakes his head while raising his hands above as if surrendering)

Arielle: Oh No Mr. Flintoff. I'm Sorry(looks down)

Flynn: (chuckles) again.(says firmly)

Arielle: (abruptly looks at him) I don't understand.

Flynn: Your 'Sorry'.

Arielle: About that Mr. Flintoff, (stands) I had no idea about your father, I'm really sorry.

Flynn: (smile fades away) (takes a pause) It's okay.(clinches his jaw)

Arielle: Actually it's not, I'm sorry for my behavior too, I've been too rude all this time. I really appreciate your patience Mr. Flintoff.

Flynn: Now, you're wrong here. You were totally good, you shouldn't be sorry about your behaviour Arielle, I mean it's kinda entertaining (chuckles).

Arielle: But Mr.Flintoff, you could've told me, or maybe that's just ok.

Flynn: oh yeah, why so?

Arielle: nothing, Mr. Flintoff I was just-

Flynn: Anyway, what are you doing this weekend huh?