Chapter 40

"Flynn: I-I have a lot to say ofc, let me just start with 'SORRY'. (shuts his eyes in sorrow)

Arielle: (nods) A LOT.

Flynn: (reaches out for Arielle's hand and places his hand over hers) Arielle, I was separated from my Mom when I was just 5 and-

Arielle: I know that part Mr.Flintoff (grief in her eyes).

Flynn: (nods as he smiles) Steve wanted to make things clear earlier, but-

Arielle: but?

Flynn: (looks at her with innocence) I wasn't ready. Call me greedy but I didn't want to make your life any miserable with my ugly past. I was happy after a very-(Gulps) very long time, I couldn't risk to lose you.

Arielle: (smiles in pain)

Flynn: I know I should've have had atleast a truthful behaviour. And all this time, no one has ever seen me this happy except those moments when I was with you, but lies come with anxiety and stress of truth, and I was terrified by the mere thought of it. Thus, ruining my only happy story that could've (pauses) could've ended differently. You know, I always loved basketball, I was obsessed,I wanted to be a basketball player. But, the old guy-

Arielle: Your dad?

Flynn: (nods)he would never let that happen, he never made any right choice in his life, Only knew business. People say he has built an empire, huh (fake laughs), (fidgets his thumb as he talks), when he was dying, I didn't want to go near him, but rather I went to him as I knew my Mom would never forgive if I did otherwise. (A tear falls off his eye) He died in my arms, (pauses) I almost thought I could forgive him at that very moment, but good lord he chose to be the evil, his last words worked as slivers to my heart, He said- ' I hope you don't let my business down, it's the only thing I've managed to get right!'.

Arielle: (gasps) I'm sorry.

Flynn: the last thing I need is sympathy Arielle, no matter how pathetic life may get.

Arielle: I wasn't-, (leans closer to him) I KNOW, the last thing you ever need is Sympathy, and I'm not pitying on you, I never would, I'm sorry that about your dad.

Flynn: I wish I were as strong as you.

Arielle: (clasps his hand by covering them with her hand) YOU ARE.

Flynn: People often say that I have a snobbish attitude, and I never disagree to that. No matter how hard I try I'm somehow the person I hate the most, I'm no different than him and I accept that with my whole sanity, but the little time with you was very intoxicating.

Arielle: (chuckles as she sobs)

Flynn: I tend to develop a feeling of care (bites his lip in nervousness), a hurting feeling of fancying someone, (raises his hand in air to touch her cheek but stops it before reaching).

Arielle: (looks at his hand with dissapointment)

Flynn: (takes his hand back) I apologize for my behaviour for now and for before, I admit I did everything with my sane self and was fully aware of my consequences. And after destroying every bit of this castle, I feel it leads me to a good time to free my one suppressed thought. (sighs heavily) I made it a selfish tale and I'm guilty for that, I didn't respect your authority in my life, I'm guilty for that, I betrayed my old rude self, I'm guilty for that. I only thought about my scenerio of the whole story, I'm guilty for that, and 'I Love You' and I'M NOT GUILTY for that, I'll never be.

Arielle: (sobs harder)

Flynn: This was my confession and I seek no relaxation with my punishment.

Arielle: (wipes all her tears at once in anger) Done?

Flynn: (surprised)

Arielle: (stands up at once and starts walking, takes a few steps in rage to exit but abruptly stops and turns) You know Mr.Flintoff, it was nice listening to this,(tears start falling) you better write an eulogy for me.

Flynn: (Stands and walks to her) Arielle!

Arielle: what do you expect?

Flynn: (comes close and hugs her tight) I'm too low of a person-

Arielle: (cries in his arms for 2 minutes and pulls herself back in a shock) don't do this Mr.Flintoff! Go on have a party, you said what you wanted to, how does it even matter about my opinion.

Flynn: Ofc I need your answer, your banter, everything.

Arielle: No, you don't(pushes him away), you want to give up and come out clean(cries).

Flynn: Arielle, how can I hope, I've hurt you so much.(says with sadness in his voice) (steps closer to her)

Arielle: yes.

Flynn: I don't wanna make things worse for you(caresses her hair), I don't wanna hurt you more, and you yourself won't come back to a liar.

Arielle: there, there's the statement my mouth never blurted. Do me a favor, hate me."

*Hey, a lot has been said, hope you like it, please vote for this chapter*