Chapter 23

They reach Arielle's place

Arielle:(talking through car's window) You know you could come inside.

Flynn: No, I'll be just fine.

Dan:(walking out of house's main door) Hey Arielle( smiling) 

Arielle:Hey Dan.

Dan:( walks towards them) What are you guys doing here. Come inside.

Flynn: No dude, I'm totally ok, I'll be leaving by now-

Dan: Coffee's ready!(turns back and walks)

Flynn:(laughs and nods, comes out of the car) 

Arielle:(walks with Flynn adjacently) Dude, you just had 2 cups?

Flynn: (raises a brow) That's too-

Arielle: What.

Flynn: That's too girlfriend of you.(laughs)

Arielle: WHAT. UGH(blushes)

Flynn: You were counting my Coffee mugs, mind you girl, My Mom has given up.

Arielle: Seriously! You need a Rehab.

Flynn: oh yeah, you free tomorrow? (both laugh)" 

They get inside Arielle's house

Flynn and Dan are seated on the couch while Arielle is sitting on a chair, Her parents are also sitting near by on the Sofa Chair.

"Brian: So, Flynn How's you family?

Flynn: Oh they're good Mr. Wilson.

Hana: Who all are in your family?

Flynn: (scraches his brow a little) Ah Ma'am My Mom's there, and a Step-brother.

Hana: Oh and your Dad, son?

Dan: MOM?        No.

Arielle: (makes a confused face)

Dan: I'm sorry Flynn, Actually, (pauses)  his Dad passed away 2 months back.

Brian: My God, We are really Sorry for you son.

Flynn: (smiles to make it less awkward) Oh no Mr. Wilson, everything's just fine.

Dan: He came here to continue the business rightafter.

Hana: You are a brave person, Flynn.

Flynn: (nods and smiles)

Dan: Talk something else now, please

Hana: Let's get'em coffee and cookies Arielle, shall we? 

Arielle: hm.(with a straight face)

Flynn looks at Arielle and notices how she's shocked to know this

Hana and Arielle in the kitchen-

Hana: I've poured the Coffee in mugs, Just grab those cookies please.

Arielle: standing staring at the wall.

Hana: Arielle! 

Arielle!

Arielle: ya.

Hana: Cookies!

Arielle: (takes cookie tray in her hand) Hm.

They serve the Coffee and talk for a while

Arielle departs after having her coffee and goes into her room

Flynn decides to leave after sometime.

Flynn: OK Mrs. Wilson, It was a fun time having your company, I think I should leave now.

Hana: Sure, come here often.

Brian: Good Night son.

Dan: yeah Flynn, wait Where's Arielle? ARIELLE! ARIELLE! ( calls her)

Maybe she's asleep.

Flynn: let her sleep Dan, I'm just leaving. Good Night.(says with a deep sorrowful voice)"

Flynn leaves Arielle's place. Arielle was in her room resting on her bed, her eyes were close but she wasn't sleeping, nor was she deaf, but she didn't want to make an appearance now. She was devastated how Flynn never told her about his dad,neither did Dan. But Flynn was so brave and strong, she felt wrong about his attitude all the time, how she was being such a headache to him. Hana came to her room to see her.

"Hana:(sits beside her legs on the bed) Arielle!

Arielle: (doesn't respond) 

Hana: Arielle! get up, I know you're not sleeping.

Arielle: (sits near her indicating a gesture of giving up) how did you know?

Hana: (smiles) I'm your mother, Arielle. (slowly pats on her head)

Arielle: (hugs her) 

Hana: Are you ok Arielle?

Arielle: yeah

Hana: You'd never tell me, would you?

Arielle: tell you what?

Hana: C'mon Arielle, You won't say, but your eyes do expose you. 

Arielle: MOM?

Hana: It's ok if you don't wanna share, I never told my mom about your Dad.

Arielle: yes, because you had an arranged marriage and 'SHE' told you everything about Dad.

Hana: (both laugh) I'm Sorry Arielle.

Arielle: For what?

Hana: For this, late realizations, missing out important stages of you life.

Arielle: (tears falling) (hugs Hana tighter) No.

Hana: I've never been there, Have I been? I feel so terrible about this, Your Dad and I are forever guilty for this, what do we do even, working day and night and making our children suffer. 

Arielle: Stop Mom, who told you that, huh?

Hana: (moves a little backward and wipes tears from Arielle's face) You don't hate us? Do you?

Arielle: NO MOM, (kises her hand) I CAN NEVER. (hugs her) I don't know what made you think this but Dan and I are very very lucky to have parents like you, you made us so strong and valorous. We love you.

Hana: IDK kid, it's just that I feel sad for missing out all your childhood being working and now making you word hard all day and night, not being able to give you a good life. I- can't even -

Arielle: Mom, I don't know if you know this, my brother and I are just as strong as their parents are. And Dan and I are loving our lives, what is it to be sad about huh?

Hana: I just hope that you stay happy, forever my Arielle (pats onher head)

Arielle: Yes, that'll be when you stop crying.

Hana: Yes. You sleep now.

Arielle: Good Night Mom.( Hana leaves)"

Arielle is just overburdened right now, she can't accept the fact that she used to be with Flynn all this time and he never appeared to be low, in fact she always thought of him as a hanger, treated him bad all this time. She feels sad, as now knowing that her mother too isn't happy how about how their lives are. She feels so incompetent due to the lack.