Chapter 34

Steve: (sighs heavily before speaking and closes his rue eyes) Yes, he is my brother.

Arielle: you never bothered to tell me Steve? It's really weird that I actually thought that you were my FRIEND. But-

Steve: I am Arielle, I so am. (kneels down pleading)

Arielle: You don't have to apologize Steve, I should've never expected. (gulps in all tears)

Steve: NO. It was wrong in every way Arielle, I KNOW, but don't you think there must be a reason. (narrows his eyes in disgust)

Arielle: what bloody reason could it be?

Steve: (lowers his head and chuckles fakely facing on his side of shoulder) Bloody reason yes, it is. (Places his hand on Arielle's hand) I know I'm asking too much, but will you be a friend and listen to me for once to this BLOODY REASON. PLEASE. (fiddles his thumbs in nervousness)

Arielle: (stares at his hand on top of her hand and nods in approval) Go on.

Steve:  (His thumb fiddling on top of Arielle's hand) I am his brother Arielle, his REAL brother, but-(pauses)  I am not Steve FLINTOFF!

Arielle: what(says in a low voice as she frowns)

Steve: (sighs) My dad had his own business when he got married, his business was doing fine when Flynn was born. He worked hard many years and his business was growing rapidly about time my mom was pregnant with me. His business was skyrocketing, he was busy in his business parties, having fun all the time, it was hardly weeks when My mom found out he was cheating on her, she confronted and that man was overt enough to admit and leave. He finalised the divorce and took Flynn with him, he was just 5 when he did so.My mother says she cried the river out in front of that man but he would not listen a word, Flynn was scared seeing his mother cry and his mom and dad fight, he was very shocked but quite on the contrary his eyes were all dried up, he did not say a word, Flynn was deavasted from that memory. Mom knew that he was not well right from there. Dad took Flynn with him to Lyford, where he had his new AUG building made, He was quick enough to get Flynn into some Boarding school, he was just a kid away form his mom and dad (sighs and pauses), he has had Psychotic disorder in the past (Arielle flinches and gasps), (chuckles fakely and shuts his eyes to force the tears not to flow) when he was almost incurable my dad brought him back in Elysian only to treat him better, ofcourse he did him no mercy, (nods sideways) he wasn't even allowed to meet mom, My dad never looked back at my mom. He was powerful enough to make the custordy in his favour. As soon as Flynn completed his high school, that man put him in business school can't even tell why, he always wanted to be a basket-

Arielle: basketball player (murmurs while her tears fall)

Steve: Yes, You know Arielle, my mom always said that her marriage was an illusion. But I always feel it was her part where the problem started. She should've known earlier, it ended up spiralling people and their lives. Anyways, so that's not just done, When Flynn was done with his degree, He made him work at AUG, even though they were in the same city they rarely met, My dad dated some women and lived with him. After his death, it was revealed that the company was named after Flynn, so he had to take it up, but he was again on the cycle of loosing himself, so he made a decision of returning to Elysian, he had to come anyway to us. He finally knew that he had a brother. He finally had a few bods to call family. And (pauses)

Arielle: (looks at his face attentively) 

Steve: He had someone. someone to talk to, someone to share time with, someone he could gaze and blush immensely. (smiles)

Arielle: (closes her eyes in sorrow and cries) (speaks after few minutes) How is it that no one knows about your family?

Steve: (smiles) He is exposed to the public, people follow him round the clock, and he works damn hard to protect us, he hides our family from the public, it's better that no one knows. He is already at risk, he doesn't want to intensify that.

Arielle: (gasps) I'm so sorry.

Steve: (after a minute) He is not right Arielle, he has been erroneous all this time. You might think of this as an adulation, but it was selfish, so damn selfish of him. You are my friend first Arielle, I have known my brother for a very little time, and I'll always be there for you. But (looks up) I also know that, he's never been this happy Arielle. I am not defending him but his family has always been his weakness. It wouldn't be easy for him to open up Arielle, especially considering his condition. But nothing can cover up his yarn. It's up to you to forgive him or not.

Arielle: You are right. 

Steve: I think you should get home now.

Arielle: hm.

Steve: It's your decision to stay or to leave Arielle. I want the best for you.

Arielle: Thanks. (wipes her tears aggressively)"

Arielle calls Dan in the garden and bid adieu to Steve. Both Dan and Arielle sat in the car and began their ride to home. Both were wordless and equally stunned to start a conversation. But Dan decided to take a single in the maiden over.

"Dan: I know Arielle.

Arielle: (looks at Dan with dejection in her eyes) About what Dan? (says lowly)

Dan: (puts a hand on her shoulder) About Flynn and his family. (pauses) His mom told me.

Arielle: (covers both her hands on her mouth when her tears start falling) I-I can't take this Dan. 

Dan: (stops the car and parks on a side) Hey, Arielle, I'm not gonna let my sister cry. I'm sorry, stop crying. (hugs her)"

*Hey, I know this was big stuff, do vote this chapter!*