Chapter 15

Arielle starts working early today, there are meetings scheduled for today, but she has the work she left yesterday to complete now. She kicks off that and starts working on a new project willingly. It's a clear statement that Arielle loves her work. She lives it everyday. She's working on the new scheme proposed by one of her colleagues and is most likely to be a major part of the company. Time passes by and It's 4 in the evening and everyone starts leaving the office.

" Monet: hey Ariella, we leaving, wanna come?

Arielle: seriously, don't call me that again. And I'll leave in some time. You go.

Monet: woah, okay. (Sits down) someone's gonna pick you up?

Arielle: noooo why?!

Monet: I mean just asking man. Maybe you got a man, I mean rich man.

Arielle: very funny.

Monet: fine I'm leaving.

Arielle: yeah.( Awkward)

Monet goes 10 steps ahead and rushes back to her

Monet: Arielle! Freak! YOU SURE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY.

Arielle: (almost scared, gasps) Damn. What the hell!

Monet: cilian told me that you were in Mr.flintoff's car yesterday and you've nothing to say!!!

Arielle: ah- uh -aye no.

Monet: no what, I thought we were close Arielle, I thought we were friends, you'd tell me things and you. Agh leave it man, I'll go. (stands up)

Arielle: (grabs Monet's hand) hey sit here. I'm sorry I actually didn't want to talk about it really.

Monet: and why is that?

Arielle: I feel awkward. I'm not gonna lie. Things have been really weird these days.

Monet: spill the beans Ariella. (waves her hands in air)

Arielle: (closes eyes in chagrin) so. I had a crush on Flynn in high school.

Monet: his or yours( laughs)

Arielle: (I wanna cry, but first wanna slap this freak first) ofcourse his high school.

Monet: you must be in primary?

Arielle: won't you shut up. I was in 7th standard.

Monet: (laughs) dude, no.

Arielle: see that's why, you leave now.( Turns towards the PC and types randomly)

Monet: oh no no. I won't laugh now.

Arielle: (faces Monet ) hm so, he had a relationship back then. Also, I was a little girl back then.

Monet: no offense, you look a little girl now too.

Arielle: OKAY YOU BETTER LEAVE. (Not her mocking my height too please

Monet: sorry sorry sorry. Continue. (says genuinly and smiles)

Arielle: about yesterday, I was too tired, so he offered help and dropped me home just that.

Monet: cool.

Arielle: what.

Monet: he drops you home.

Arielle: so? That was a help to the poor okay, he wanted to help his employee-

Monet: yeah sure, he drops every employee home. Oh no wait, he isn't our boss, he's the bus driver of this city. STUPID.

Arielle: see, you exaggerate things and blow them up.

Monet: He likes you Arielle.

Arielle: what? WHAT . NOOOO. I knew you were gonna assume things. I should've held myself,not telling you to this.

Monet: ah, for a second, let us just suppose that he likes you. What now Ariella, what'd you do.

Arielle: doesn't make sense. I'm not rich, I'm not pretty, and I'm not his age most importantly.

Monet: tch. Arielle tch. That's what a person falls for?! Just that?!

Arielle: I guess so.

Monet: what do you look for in a guy?

Arielle: money?

Monet: you freak! There's a lot more than that. Think about it and ya he likes you, imma leave now.

Arielle: You stop assuming stupid.

Monet: you also wrap this up man.bye.

Arielle: ya just 10 more minutes."

Monet leaves the place and Arielle continues her work, weird how everyone on the floor has left and there's only Arielle working. She hasn't realised and it's 5.

" Arielle: ah it's 5 already. I think I should leave now. ( Closes all the tabs and shuts down the PC and checks her phone) Battery about to die but luckily I have my cable today. ( Takes out the cable from her bag and walks on the stairs) And the power bank. ( says with confidence and Puts her hand in the bag to find it, but finds 'nothing' :) ) damn. I put the cable in this yesterday and forgot the Powerbank today. Ahhhh( screams) "

Arielle walks down the stairs and no surprise no one was there in the building. Everyone's home ofcourse. Why work late when you can just rush home and rest on the bed. She walks home cursing the eternal power of forgetting things. Suddenly the same continental passes nearby.

" Arielle: woah. Watch that car. Wait. I've seen this. Noooooo"

Car goes ahead, Flynn glances at the rear view mirror and notices Arielle walking back there talking to herself. He stops the car and steps out of it and walks towards Arielle.

" Flynn: hey.

Arielle: huh- hey. ( yet again! )

*Hey, Flynn and his car are again here to rescue Arielle, It makes total sense to vote this chapter now😉*