Chapter 37

Monet walks rapidly towards Arielle's desk, grabs both their bags and straightaway holds her wrist and starts walking out while dragging her. 

"Steve: Monet, listen! (walks lowly to talk to them)

Monet: listen my foot! (doesn't even turn while walking), and you listen(turns back) you're gonna pay for this, for hurting her, I don't care whatsoever it may be. (says and turns to continue her marching)"

Monet asks Arielle to sit in the cab, she booked while they were in the lift when Arielle was too lost to even care. She was just not in the moment. They got seated in the cab, Monet enveloped her with warmth and asked her to rest on her shoulder and not to think about anything. Arielle did so. Arielle trusted her too much to even ask Monet where they were heading to. Monet took her to her house, Monet's house. For a shock, Arielle had never been to Monet's house, they were good friends for long but had never met outside of the office, sometimes in cafes, or fests but never at their residences. Busy people in Elysian. Monet and Arielle get out of the car. Monet rang the doorbell of her house.

" Monet: Open, Damn it! (says in anger)

Arielle: your place? (says lowly)

Monet: hm (smiles and nods)

The door opens

Monet: Step aside Lana, (shoves her arm away) you took so long to open the door.

Lana: Whatever! (eye rolls)

Monet escorts Arielle to her room

Monet: Have a seat Arielle. (points at a chair)

Arielle: hm.

Monet: have this. (fills a glass of water and hands it to Arielle)

Arielle: I- um had-

Monet: Shut up and drink!

Arielle: (drinks the whole glass of water) Thanks!

Monet: Thank my freaking foot, are you okay now?

Arielle: better. (makes a confused face)

Monet: alright. (grabs a  chair and sits opposite to her) What on Earth was happening there?

Arielle: (closes her eyes in disappointment and sighs heavily)

Monet: (draws herself a little back) Speak up Arielle!

Arielle: ( nods and narrates her everything right from the beginning to the very latest moment) ( Isn't is weird that Monet's my friend for so long but never had I ever discussed anything with her, still she holds the right to demand the truth from me, our friendship is that deep and strong, but even after being so close to him, I could never ask Flynn, he never insisted on telling me but I too was too weak to even ask him as my authority. Was I allowing our relationship a fake space? How does it even matter now )

Monet: (gasps) WHAT?

Arielle: (looks down sorrowfully) IDK

Monet: (stands up and hugs her) ARIELLE!

Arielle: (confused by the gesture and especially her reaction as  tears roll down her face) 

Monet: You don't trust me, do you?

Arielle: what are you saying Monet, I trust you, with my whole heart.

Monet: You never told me, what was going on, how they were grinding you in all this. Manipulating you, I can't even imagine your situation being alone.

Arielle: No one knew, but everyone was supporting. (shrugs)

Monet: Shut up, you fool! You are not wasting yourself anymore, not on my watch.

Arielle: (tears drop) I- feel sometimes I'm undeserving- of your friendship, of my family's support, his lov- (pauses)

Monet: (stares at her with curiosity) 

Arielle: His love. (whispers while wiping her tears aggresively)

Monet: Arielle? (says lowly)

Arielle: Ya?

Monet: You still have feelings for him?

Arielle: (stares at her face while being totally lost)

Monet: (shrugs her shoulder to wake her up) Arielle!

Arielle: hm. (tears falling again) I don't know Monet.

Monet: It's okay. Wait I'll get you a coffee?

Arielle: Coffee?

Monet: What, you don't want coffee? Want something else?

Arielle: No, anything you'll have.

Monet: sure.

Arielle: hm.

Monet goes in the kitchen and hets Coffee for both of them

Monet: Go, have this, and don't stress your mind for god's sake, that face looks so ugly RN.

Arielle: haha. (showcases fake cheerfulness on her face)

Monet: that's my Arielle. 

Arielle stares at the coffeee inside the mug with supposition

Monet: Arielle?

Arielle: ya? (shifts her gaze to Monet)

Monet: what's up there? In your head.

Arielle: nothing.

Monet: I won't force on this, I just hope it is nonchalant

Arielle: Damn sure it is. (says downheartedly) " 

Monet and Arielle chatted for a while, Monet tried to talk everything out, so that Arielle had no regrets in her mind about anything, she was also very happy that at least she had someone to talk to, someone she never thought was capapble of knowing about all this stuff knowlingly or unknowlingly. Monet shifted the topic after some time, when she knew they had talked enough about the toxicity. Arielle then went to her house and skipped the dinner to avoid any interaction with her family. 

*Hey, Arielle has a great friend Monet, vote if you like this chapter*