4

"I gave you one job,Ms. Matilda. That too, the simplest one!", taehyung said, totally annoyed by the said girl who was visibly shaking.

"I'm a-about t-to c-complete it ,Mr.Kim",she stammered which gained an irritated sigh from the other.

"So you're still working on it?! You've been working on it since yesterday afternoon, damnit!",he shouted and the girl was close to crying.

It was the next morning and as jungkook was on his leave, taehyung asked Matilda to prepare the file for their board meeting and to say that the girl was getting on his nerves was an understatement. As he was massaging his temple in frustration, he heard someone knocking at his door which just irritated him the most but got surprised when he heard the meek voice of his assistant.

"Mr.Kim?"

"Come in",he replied and furrowed his eyebrows when the said male entered his cabin with a file in his hands.

"What are you doing here, Jeon?",he asked as he tilted his head questioningly.

"I came here to give you the file-

"What file?",he asked, interrupting the other.

"The file which is needed for today's meeting", jungkook replied which instantly made Taehyung surprised but managed to keep his expression subtle.

"And you came here to give me the file?",he asked, masking his surprised expression which made jungkook to smile sheepishly at him.

"Actually,Mr.Kim…. I'm totally fine right now. I had enough rest yesterday and I don't want to-

"Did I ask? What I said is said! Do you have any other files? If not leave just leave",he asked and let an amused smile slip through his lips when the other replied yes.

"Yes,Mr.Kim. I have two other files for tomorrow's meeting",he said as he scratched his ear timidly.

"Place those files on my table and take your leave. I don't want to see you for a week and that's final!",he said but raised his eyebrows when he saw the said male looking at him pleadingly.

"But Mr.Kim-

"Do as I say or I'm firing you",as taehyung finished his sentence, jungkook ran out immediately, bringing back the said files and placed it on the table.

"I'm sorry,Mr Kim. I'll take my leave now! And I promise you that I won't be seen in this vicinity for a week!",he said and dashed out not before bowing continuously at his boss who was just looking at him indifferently.

"What are you waiting for? Go get to your work,Ms.Matilda. And work harder if you really want to be a part of my company. Now that I know about your capacity,I'll keep my eyes on you. So you better do your best before I do something that you might regret",he said and sighed when he saw the said girl scrambling away with a series of apologies in between her sobs.

That evening-

Jungkook was boredly watching some sappy soap operas on the tv which made him cringe at the over exaggerated scenes.

"Tsk. These types of true love exist only in such dramas",he muttered bitterly but got startled when he heard his mobile ring loudly and sighed when he saw that it was his mom.

"Hi, mommy. How are you?",he asked in a cheery voice, trying his best to show his mom that he was okay but widened his eyes when he heard small sniffles from his mom.

"M-mommy? What happened? Are you crying?",he asked, totally worried.

"B-baby….are you alright? Do you really need to be away from us? Papa and momma misses you a lot, my little carrot. Come back home. Come back to mommy,please", the lady on the other side cried which instantly brought tears in jungkook's eyes.

"M-mommy...y-you know why I'm here-

"I know,baby. I understand. But...I don't want you to suffer alone. Just forget about him and the marriage and live with us just like you did before. Please,bubba",she literally pleaded and jungkook was trying to stop himself from choking on his own sobs.

"Mommy,please. I want to prove that I'm capable of living by myself…",he said as he wiped his tears which seemed to be never ending.

"You're the most talented baby I could ever ask for! You don't need to prove this to anyone,baby. Not to him or anyone in this world.",she said while he chuckled slightly when he heard another choked sob beside her. 

"Papa is at home this early?",he thought but continued talking.

"I'm doing this for myself, mommy. He totally destroyed my self confidence and I don't want to live like that anymore! I'm just rebuilding my confidence so don't worry about me, mommy. I'm doing fine right now. And ask papa to stop crying. He sounds like a dying dolphin",he joked which made his mother who was crying, laugh loudly while his papa started shouting,the hoarseness of his voice indicating that he was crying for a longtime which made jungkook's heart to clench involuntarily.

"You brat! Just you wait! When you come back home, I'll drink all of your banana milks right in front of your doe eyes,you rabbit!",he heard his papa shouting which only made him giggle loudly as he wiped his tears away.

"Oh come on, oldman! You cannot drink more than one carton and for your information,I'll tackle you to the ground before you even think of touching my precious banana milk!",he retorted back and laughed loudly when he heard a screech from the other side.

"Yah! Whom are you calling a oldman!? I'm just 25 years older than you!",he heard his father shout and giggled when he and his mom replied "Still a oldman" in unison.

"So you both teamed up against me,huh!? Remember that I too have a mommy for myself! We'll team up against you two and defeat you for sure!",his dad shouted.

"Dream on,oldman",and once again the mom-son duo said in unison which instantly brought a fit of laughter from the both while his dad was losing his brain cells but joined them in their laughing party after a while.

And jungkook who was laughing with his parents, couldn't help but feel gifted at this moment. Whatever sorrow they have,at the end of the day,they never fail to make eachother laugh in happiness and he was really grateful to have a family like this.

Meanwhile in the Kim mansion-

"What are you guys smiling at huh?", taehyung asked as he eyed the portraits of his parents and grandparents on the wall.

"Why did you guys leave me alone in this world?",he asked as he felt himself tearing up.

"First dad and mom left me. Followed dada... and when I was trying my best to cope up with losing you guys,mama decided to join you", he said as he cried silently.

"What did I even do to deserve such a fate?",he sniffled slightly as he sat on the couch.

Taehyung was once a cheery and soft natured young boy and though he was born with a silver spoon,his family always led a simple life. Everything was going smoothly in the young boy's life but that was until he turned 13. His life turned upside down when his parents suddenly died in a car accident and before he could even process the information,his dada who couldn't bear the tragic news passed away because of a heart attack. And 5 years later,when he was just 18, his mama,the only person in his life, also passed away which instantly shattered the already broken heart of the teenager who turned himself into a cold hearted person,not allowing a single soul to enter his world. Even namjoon who he knew from his childhood, was not an exception. Though deep inside his heart he was longing for love,he was afraid. The thought of losing his loved ones took a toll in his life and decided to stay isolated away from people. No people,no heartbreaks. He took this phrase as a motto of his life and namjoon who was witnessing everything from the beginning,vowed to himself that he would always be there for him, with or without his will.

"Every people whom I loved the most left me to be alone",he mumbled sleepily as he kept crying to himself, eventually falling asleep on the couch of his living room.

Both are hurting. Both are against love in one way or other. Let's see what will happen if  their hearts start beating for eachother. Will they accept their feelings or ignore everything and just live by their motto💃💃💃💃