26

Taehyung was so into the delicious taste of his customized strawberry milk when he heard a series of groans from behind him and an immediate smile formed on his lips when he saw the father-son duo entering the dining hall, with jungkook on the back of his dad like always.

"Good morning, Baby carrot! Good morning, jungie",Mrs.Jeon greeted as soon as they sat on their chairs as she kissed their foreheads lovingly and placed their banana milks in front of them.

"Good morning, Mommy."

"Good morning, pumpkin",they kissed back on her cheeks who smiled widely before going back to the kitchen.

"Good morning,Mr.Kim!", jungkook greeted as he just noticed the smiling male who was silent from the beginning.

"Oh? So sorry! Good morning,Mr.Kim!",this time it was Mr.Jeon and to his own astonishment, taehyung was fast enough to ask him not to call him with honorifics.

"Just call me taehyung,Mr Jeon. I'm much younger than you so please"

"Only if you call me junghyun",the man smiled which soon turned into a pout because of his brat of a son.

"Junghyunie~", jungkook called as he sipped on his banana milk nonchalantly which made the said male to whine in response.

"Baby bunny~",Mr.Jeon whined as he eyed his wife for support who seemed to just ignore their presence at the moment.

"Baby bunny~ I love it when you call me papa~",he whined to which jungkook just rolled his eyes at his dramatic papa but before he could come up with a sarcastic reply,he was interrupted by his mommy.

"You two! No bickering early in the morning!",they heard the loud voice of Mrs.Jeon and took it as a cue to stop instantly to save their asses from getting whooped.

And taehyung who was watching everything, silently chuckled at the two males who were now pouting while glaring at each other. This time genuinely...

Sure he was envious of the little family at the beginning. Though he's a renowned, successful CEO with much intelligence, at the end of the day he's just a mere human being who tends to feel all kinds of ugly emotions. But what made him a better version was the way he realised his mistakes sooner. He realised how bad those emotions made him feel and suffer. Of Course he missed his days with his family but that doesn't mean he must feel jealous about others and cry out at his misery. That feeling alone consumed his mind for the whole day and he seriously despised the darkness that surrounded him. He thought that it's their fates doing its job at its finest and instead of being envious, being happy for others would make things easier for his mental health. And just like he predicted, he felt light at heart with peace of mind and most importantly, there was no darkness surrounding him making him look less evil.

It was almost evening when the old couple decided to go on a date and that too, after renting a motorcycle and to say that taehyung was surprised was an understatement. He didn't, not even in his wildest dreams would have thought that the couple would rent a motorcycle, sports bike to be exact for their date, leaving him all alone with a sulking jungkook for him to deal with.

"Now why are you sulking, Jeon?", taehyung asked for the nth time and rolled his eyes when the younger one just pouted at him intensely.

"They left me",he pouted and taehyung had enough of his sulking assistant and decided to start a conversation.

"They love each other so much,right?",he asked in his softest voice, genuinely feeling soft as he thought about the said couple.

"But they love me more!", And taehyung just decided to ignore the childish tantrum.