29

The rest of the lunch went in a flash with no one talking about anything. Taehyung was zoned out for the rest of the lunch and everyone seemed to give him his much needed space, all the while taekook held hands. Though jungkook was flustered by that, which he only noticed after calming himself down after a few minutes, he still decided to let it slide as taehyung didn't seem to notice it at all!

"Take care of Mr.Kim, kookie. He seems to be off after the whole drama.",yoongi whispered to jungkook after they reached the company, who nodded his head before running towards taehyung who was waiting for the elevator to open.

"Mmm… Mr Kim?", jungkook who followed his boss into his cabin, asked after a few minutes of silence which instantly snapped taehyung out of his thoughts. 

"Huh? Yeah?",he asked and sighed before turning his attention to his laptop.

"Are you still thinking about what yoongi hyung said to you?", jungkook asked softly.

"Hmm", taehyung hummed after a minute before turning his attention back to his assistant who smiled at him sadly.

"His eyes look really sad",he thought as he felt his heart clench for his boss.

"Don't overthink about it, Mr.Kim.", taehyung once again just hummed in response with his gaze still fixated on jungkook.

"I know that it'll be really hard to even think about something which is totally opposite to your thoughts. But give it a try,Mr.Kim. I'm not asking you to socialize with everyone abruptly. Moreover,it's impossible too. Just try doing it step by step-

"What do you think about it?", taehyung interrupted the rambling male as he still kept his eyes on the other, his heart feeling somewhat content just by talking with him.

"Huh?", jungkook who was really into his rambling session, didn't expect his boss to ask him anything.

"About what Yoongi said… what do you think about it, Jeon?"He asked once again and found himself smiling a bit when he saw the other showed him an 'o' face.

"I agree with him, Mr Kim. Whatever he said is absolutely right. Without having anyone in your life… there's no meaning in living at all-

"What do you think about love?", taehyung interrupted yet again.

"Love? Every single living being in this world deserves love. And-

"Tell me about… love… in a romantic way… Love between lovers. Do you have faith in such kind of love?", taehyung asked restlessly as he wanted to know jungkook's view about it because the whole time in the park and his way back to the company, he's been thinking about whatever yoongi told him and his new found feelings towards his assistant only made things difficult. And not to mention, the comfort he got from the other at the park! He certainly felt a panic attack approaching him, that was until a small hand came in contact with his larger ones. 

It's really a lot for a man who had the mentality of isolating himself from every single living thing in this world for god's sake!

"Love... in a romantic way?", jungkook confirmed and gulped when he saw his boss nod his head.

"I… I don't know, Mr.Kim",he stuttered hesitantly.

"Just tell me whatever you feel, Jeon",he sighed. He suddenly felt on edge for no reason. 

"Why am I feeling like this? What the hell is this feeling? Why am I behaving as if I just proposed to Jeon and impatiently waiting for his 'yes!'? It's not like I love him in the first place!