5-Night Affairs

Hours later...Alora's  POV

I flipped the sign at the bakery's window to closed, the evening light was beautiful. I sighed picking up my purse from the counter, tonight I had to head over to the club. The club; full of men who spend hours devouring bottles of alcohol. It wasn't my favourite part of my living days but it sure did pay me well. 

I exited the bakery, shut the door and made sure to lock it with the closing key. I set out my usual walk from the bakery to my apartment. Although it would be more convenient to bring a bag full of my "Ruby" clothing I didn't want anyone suspecting a thing and plus I needed another shower anyway. 

The evening was breezy just how I liked the weather to be. The trees were blowing slowly and people of new york city were passing by with cars or walking with whom they loved the most; friends and family. I didn't have friends or even family but I did have my thoughts to keep me company for now that's more than enough.

I headed up to the bus stop which had a golden tint to it since the had was starting to say its goodbye for the arrival of the night. Two men stood there inhaling cigarettes, I tried to hold my breath to prevent me from inhaling the horrid chemicals but the breeze didn't make it much better. 

Luckily they didn't say a thing to me or try anything funny but a part of me felt nervous and uneasy like a rocky boat battling a storm. I could feel my body settle once I could see my apartment building in the distance, I'm almost home.

Meanwhile...At The Bus Stop

Emerton pulls the cigarette away from his lips, exhaling a grey cloud into the air. 

"That was her wasn't it," he asks 

Rick side-eyes him giving Emerton a nod

Emerton chuckles, 

"I see why the boss is so crazy about her"

Emerton pulls his cellphone from his back pocket dialling Nash's phone number. placing the ringing device to his ear he awaits to hear from his boss. 

"Hello," Nash says from the other line 

"She's home she just passed us"

"Good," Nash says ending the call 

Emerton puts his cellphone back into his pocket, turning his attention back on Rick.

"I wonder if I could get that girl for myself"

Rick chuckles 

"Boss would never let you live"

Emerton chuckles 

"Our job here is done let's go"

Meanwhile at the Apartment...Alora

Alora hums scrubbing the lavender-scented soap on her body, warm water droplets touch her soapy damp skin as she continues with her shower.

"This is so calming," I say with a smile 

I quickly rinse the soap off not wanting to be late for work. Turning off the shower I stepped out of the bath rushing to my room to get ready. Settling for a simple white long sleeve shirt with jeans, I dressed myself making sure to put my work clothes and accessories into my bag. 

Ready for another shift at the club; I just hoped to find a better job so I could quit soon.