22-Tell Me More

"Axel! I told you I got him!"

Axel rested the gun on the desk and looked at Alora.

"I'm sorry baby I just wanted to see the bullet in his head already"

"You better trust me on the next mission"

"I will" Axel winked

"Do you think maybe I could help clean up?"

"No! You don't need to do that. I have a cleaning crew for a reason. Cedric will organize it all."

Axel held onto Alora's hand

"Come on let's get out of here"

The two exited the secret lower floor and pulled each other into a tight hug.

"I'm guessing it all went well," Cedric said coming out from his hiding spot

"Although your friend did interfere a bit" Alora giggled

"I'll call the cleanup crew," Cedric said

"Thank Cedric, make sure to enjoy yourself maybe take Lilith out," Axel said winking

Cedric blushed and walked away to the secret level floor. Alora and Axel on the other hand went back to the balcony where they first kissed. Axel wrapped his arms around Alora's waist as they stared up at the sun setting.

"I really want to talk to you about something Alora" Axel whispered

"What's the matter, Axel?" Alora asked

Axel swallowed the lump in his throat and let go of Alora's waist. Alora turned around confused and stared at Axel's face.

"Something's definitely bothering you," Alora said worriedly

"Alora?"

"Yes, Axel?"

"Where did you work before?"

Alora's eyes widen at the question.

"What do you mean Axel?"

"Alora tell me the truth...where did you work before?"

Alora shook her head in denial.

"I don't understand why you're asking me this Axel?!"

"Calm down Alora please...it's just you know so much about me. I wanna know more about you Alora"

Alora breathed in sharply and stared at Axel with a blank expression on her face.

"Are you Ruby?"

"Axel! Stop!"

"I won't love you any less Alora!"

"You think I'm proud of my past Axel! I'm not!"

The silence between the two was heavy only the chirping of the crickets rang against their ears.

"I'm sorry Alora...for bringing up such a sensitive topic," Axel said softly

"I was Ruby, Axel but not anymore. I buried her a long time ago along with my childhood."

Axel wrapped his arms around Alora trying to pull her into a hug.

"No Axel...don't..just listen to me"

"okay...I'm listening"

"I left my family at a very young age. I couldn't take it anymore. The hitting, the kicking and the painful words. My own parents Axel! They didn't want me. My mother died when I was sixteen years old. She often encouraged my father to continue his evil ways but what's even worse is they aren't my real parents."