36-Endings and Beginnings

One month since the incident...

Death comes so very often. So often that sometimes you don't even get a chance to say goodbye. Death for me has been a reoccurring event and I can't seem to escape it. I've never chosen this fate for us but sometimes the universe must have its way.

Axel placed a bouquet of flowers at the tombstone. He sighed deeply as he shoved his hands back into his pockets. It was raining heavily in New York but he didn't care if he caught a cold.

Family is more than blood, it's the way two souls can easily fit together like two perfect pieces of puzzles and although there must be an end. A piece of the soul will always die as well.

"Rest in peace, you can now rest well," Axel said

"Come on Axel let's go," Cedric said handing Axel an umbrella.

The two got into their cars and drove away from the cemetery. Axel had an appointment to meet with the doctor. During the past month, alot had happened. Regret, pain and tears maybe love isn't for people with heavy pasts or stories they constantly run away from.

"Hello, Mr. Santiago," Doctor Jenz said

"Hello Doctor Jenz" Axel said

Axel pecked Alora's forehead gently.

"Glad to see you awake," Axel said

After the incident, Alora stayed at a Hospital in Mexico for two weeks. She was airlifted back to New York where she remained for the remainder of the two weeks. Alora was healing great but during the month Oliver died and that changed Axel. He wasn't as happy as before and constantly blamed himself. Everyone around him could see it. The fact he almost lost Alora made things even complicated.

"Just a few more weeks and she'll be clear to go home," Dr. Jenz said

"Wow really! I'm so ready to go home" Alora said

The first two weeks weren't so easy for the team. Alora was severely shot in the lower abdomen luckily the bullet didn't damage any of her major organs but the scar tissue would take a while to heal. Axel had been mentally distant and Alora had been encouraging him to see a therapist. She agreed that she would see one as well to help heal her childhood trauma.

Lizzie lived in one of the smaller houses behind the mansion. The house was heavily guarded and locked from the outside so she wouldn't escape. Axel feared that she'd tried to run away with Devine but didn't want to kill Lizzie since she did help them find Alora. Lizzie had been trying to bond with Devine and possibly have a mother-daughter relationship but nothing worked. Devine was very quiet around her and would always ask to see Alora instead of spending time with Lizzie. It broke Lizzie's heart knowing Alora would be more of a mother to Devine.

Bruna lived with the team, it was requested by Alora especially. Axel bought Bruna a car of her own for killing Nash but Bruna often refused to drive it because she did it out of love and not money. Bruna trains alongside Annika and the two even do assassin jobs together.

Phoenix and Macy finally started dating they couldn't deny their attraction for each other and as for Liam and Bridget, they admitted their feeling but decided to take things slow.

Amira and Hunter announced their pregnancy and decided to not have a wedding and just a little reception with them two. They wanted to get married right away in order to start planning for their family.

As for The Scorpions (Nash's Gang), they decided to all go their separate ways. Since Nash died their team wouldn't have the power they would need to revenge his death.  Nash's son Lennox was devastated to hear about his father's death. As well as his mother Tiffany who decided to restart her life. Although she was never able to fix her relationship with Nash. The love she had for him ran deeply.

Three weeks later...

"Looks like today's the day Alora!" Doctor Jenz said

"I know I'm so excited. Thank you so much for your tremendous work" Alora said

"Well, it is my job. Don't forget to come back for your routine checkups. " Doctor Jenz said

"Noted" Alora said

"Alora!" Lilith said as she walked in

"Hi, Lilith! I'm so happy to see you!" Alora said

"Come on let's go the car is waiting for you outside," Lilith said

"Oh uh sure. Where's Axel?" Alora asked

"He wanted to come but Devine wasn't feeling too well so he decided to stay with her," Lilith said smiling

"I really do hope she feels better. I think I'll make some soup for her actually"

"You're about to go home from the hospital and you're already talking about soup"

"Yup" Alora grinned

"Let's get going chef," Lilith said

Thirty minutes later...

The car drove into the gates of Axel's mansion. Alora felt warmth like a hot summer sun. The mansion stood tall as she peeked out the window. She was finally home away from all the cries and pain.

"Feels good to be home," Alora said as she slammed the passenger door shut

"Sure does, we've missed you," Lilith said

Alora smiled

Lilith and Alora stepped into the house. It was pitch black dark that was until Lilith slammed the front door shut. All the lights came on and everyone jumped up screaming "Surprise". Alora smiled widely "Thank you! You sure all are so sweet," Alora said

Alora spotted the staircase decorated with pink rose petals. She furrowed her brow confused.

"Why don't you go upstairs to the balcony," Lilith said

Alora laughed and climbed up the stairs slowly. She didn't know what to expect and the past few months had her unsure about surprises. The bedroom door she shared with Axel was still open. Alora followed the path of petals which led to the balcony. There Axel was standing side by side with Devine.

Devine stepped forward and smiled "Will you please marry my dad and maybe be my mother?" Devine asked.

Alora's eyes widened to the question. Axel kneeled and held out a diamond ring.

"Alora; some would say we're moving too fast but once you find a love worth dying for. There's no need to search. These past months have proved we'd both die for each other. You're one of the strongest women I know Alora. You've also made it your duty to protect Devine. Our daughter that shows a love of a mother. One Devine has yet to have. Please Alora accept this ring to become a wife, a mother and a ruler of an empire. Alora, will you marry me?" Axel said kneeling.

Alora screamed happily and nodded

"Yes, Axel!"

Axel stood up and slipped the ring onto her finger. The two hugged and opened their arms to hug Devine as well.

~

~

~

Authors Note

Did I scare you? aha Alora is alive! yay! Axel also engaged to her! Do you think it's too soon? Will their relationship remain strong? Will this affect Lizzie? Will Alora and Axel truly get their "happy" ending?

Find out next! Thanks for reading!