Chapter One

We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

"That's what, a three story fall to the deck?" Pope calls up to John B, who is standing on the edge of a roof of an unfinished mansion.

"I give you a one-in-three chance of survival" Finishes Everleigh. Then taking a sip of her beer.

"I'll shoot you on the way down." Pope jokingly threatened. Pulling the trigger of an electric drill, pretending to shoot John B.

"You'll shoot me?" continues John B, shooting finger guns towards the brown skinned boy.

"Yep, Pow!" He laughs making silly sound effects.

Everleigh watches as the two joke back and forth with each other.

"They're going to have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Complained Kiara walking out of the big house frustrated.

"Of course, why wouldn't they?" JJ responds rolling his eyes at the idea of having that kind of money.

"Konnichiwa." Giggled Everleigh.

Kiara sends a 'seriously' look Everleigh's way who just smirks in reply. Kie sits next to the brunette girl rolling her eyes.

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?"

"I can't have cold towels." added JJ still upset with the idea of it.

"Can you please not kill yourself?" Kiara looks up squinting at the brown haired boy still balancing at the peak of the roof.

"Don't spill that beer, I'm not giving you another one." JJ says sarcastically.

At that moment John B loses his balance for half a second and drops the beer to the lower deck.

"Of course you did." JJ groans "Right when I said not to, smooth."

"Dumbass." Kiara laughs wrapping an arm around Everleigh.

All of the sudden Pope speaks up again, "Hey! hey, uh, security's here" he says in a worried voice.

Everyone stands, getting ready to make a run for it.

"Yeah, let's go boys and girls." John B says with a wide grin on his face.

"Gary, is that you?" JJ calls out asking, laughing in between words.

"Get down!" calls out Gary. "Good to see you man!" JJ replies.

The group starts to run, breaking off into separate directions. JJ with Everleigh, and the rest by themselves. JJ and Everleigh sprint, Everleigh only a step behind JJ. They eventually run into two cops both try to grab either teenager.

"Not much of a hugger man!" Laughs JJ grabbing Everleigh's hand helping to pull her away.

"At least take me on a date first!" She adds, pissing the cops off even more.

Everleigh and JJ, met Pope and Kie at the front of the house John B had already made it to the van and was waiting, "Go Pope, go, go, go!" JJ yells, still holding Everleigh's hand.

John B honks the horn a few times, "Bus is leaving!"

"Come on boys!" Cheers Kiara as they all start to jump into the van. Letting out a high pitched howl.

JJ and Everleigh turn to look out the back window.

"Look at Gary, gunnin' for a raise." Pope laughs. Everleigh hands JJ a beer before they both poke their heads and arms out the door.