Chapter Eighty-Six

She strolled in the streets for a while, finding her way there for the first time in a while. She began to cry half way into her trip and constantly repeat the argument between her and JJ in her head. Her eyes swelled and became red and her cheeks were stained with tears. She figured Rafe wouldn't be home because she ditched him without a ride, maybe she'd run into Sarah.

Which she was caught by Sarah on the way home. "Oh my god, Ev." She breathes as she runs up to her and holds her in her arms. "What's going on?"

"You wouldn't even believe it if I told you." Everleigh mumbles, wiping the tears off of her cheeks. They began to walk towards the chateau. "I could be wrong but I saw JJ and Kie today and they were like, inches apart, and I asked JJ and he told me I was being too nosy."

"You're kidding, right?" Sarah asks her. "I'm sure it's nothing. We'll figure it out. But hey, why would you go to my house?"

"I was hoping I could maybe take clothes. I didn't want to go to the chateau on my own." She mumbles.

Sarah tucks her hair behind her ear. "I'm glad you didn't make it to my house. Rafe was there and he's up to no good."

She just nods, not really wanting to talk about Rafe and her and Sarah just chat the whole walk. Never mentioning John B or JJ. And when they showed up back at the chateau, and JJ and Kiara were together which quickly got under Everleigh's skin. Her hand found a grip on her wrist and she dragged her feet as she walked.

She had to admit, seeing the chateau made her emotional. She was happy to be home but returning to the carefree life they used to live was not going to happen. Before the group started to talk, she went back into the house. A wave of happiness rushed through her body as she made her way into her room. Everything was still in tact and clean. She rummaged through her drawers pleased to finally have her own clothes. She chose a light orange spaghetti strapped tank top and lighter denim shorts. She made her way back outside after cleaning herself up for the first time in a while.

Sarah sat in a chair and Everleigh paced around the back of the shed, not even baring a look towards JJ. "After I went back to Tannyhill, Rafe was on the phone with Ward and he just kept saying, ''My thing, this is my thing.' He had to be talking about the cross."

"Absolutely." Pope agrees quietly.

Sarah continues on with her story. "And he's coming into Wilmington tonight at eight o'clock. And it's being shipped by train to Raleigh from there, but this is our chance to get it back."

Pope looks at Everleigh who was still pacing with her hand around her wrist. He was half tempted to say something but he knew better than to ask right now. "You get any other information?"

"Uh, Sarah got the cargo number." Kiara tells him, picking up a piece of paper.

"Okay, well, that's a start." Pope nods.

JJ finally speaks up, looking at everyone but his own girlfriend. "They're definitely fencing that shit off as we speak. So we should probably get a move on."

"Sarah you hear from John B?" Pope asks her.

Everleigh's head snaps towards Pope and she rushes to get in front of Sarah. "He's probably off... somewhere with, uhm... his dad."

"My dad..." Everleigh whispers. "You mean John B is here? And you mean he found my father and not a single one of you told me?" No one answered for a while. "Since when is this a thing. Hiding things from each other in the group. This entire time I though my brother was still stuck on that island and that my father was dead. You knew both of them were alive and none of you spoke a word."

"Everleigh... we..." Pope tries to start explaining.

Everleigh shakes her head and wipes a tear from off of her cheek. "I don't want to hear the pathetic excuses." She states before walking away from them. She flipped them off before shutting the door behind her and flopping on her bed.

She tore her room apart, looking for any weed that she could find. Then, she remembered exactly where she put it before the house was searched while John B was still a fugitive. She pulled the vent cover off of the wall and found her entire kit, rolling the quickest blunt she'd ever rolled in her life. She made her way back over to her bed, lighting it and taking a long drag.

She heard the front door open but she didn't bother to see who it was. When her bedroom door opened was when she looked up to see who it was. Kiara stood there with a blank expression. "We need to talk."

"I don't want to talk to you." Everleigh smiles, taking another hit and watching the smoke blow through the air.

"I know what you saw." She begins to talk anyways. "And I'm really sorry about it. But, I promise that it really is nothing. It's just that, we were having a private conversation and you were listening."

"Oh, god forbid I make sure that my boyfriend isn't cheating on me with my best fucking friend." She says sarcastically. "Get the fuck out of my room."

Kiara didn't leave which made Everleigh sit straight up. "I'm not just going to let you get out of this argum... conversation." She nearly messed up. Calling it an argument wouldn't of helped her case. "Look, all I'm saying is that if you weren't so selfish that you needed to hear what we were saying, you wouldn't of even seen us. And, if you weren't so insecure there wouldn't be a problem with us having a conversation."

Everleigh was done. She didn't want to hear a single word slip from Kiara's mouth, she stood up and Kiara immediately took a step back when Everleigh was about three feet from her. "I told you to leave my room and you chose to piss me off. So, Kiara, you're turn talking is done and if you say one more word we're gonna have problems. I'm telling you right now that if you do anything to him, I mean even as little as laying a finger on him I will find a way to ruin your life. I promise you that you will never think of me the same and if you don't believe me, than I dare you to try it."

Kiara knew Everleigh was high. She also knew that there was a lot of truth in what she just said. And instead of telling her that she was going to her parents house with JJ, she sighed and nodded, realizing that she did have to back off, or she'd pay.

When Kiara left and Everleigh laid back down, she didn't realize that she'd fallen back asleep until Sarah practically dragged. her out of bed and onto a boat.