Chapter Forty-Six

They spent the night on the boat.

The next morning, they drove through a marsh, looking for land.

"Anybody else starving? We need to grab some sort of breakfast." JJ says, looking around.

They dock their boat at an empty dock. Everleigh, Sarah, and Kiara all step off of the boat.

"We're gonna find some food." Sarah says confidently.

They find a garden, and Kiara leans down, picking something up. "Ugh! Jackpot!"

They split open a watermelon, Sarah and Everleigh sharing, while Kiara ate her own.

"Holy shit." Kiara says with her mouth full of watermelon. "So, you really got married?"

"It wasn't exactly legal..." Sarah smiles, "But yeah."

"And I wasn't the maid of honor, let alone invited." Everleigh scoffs.

Sarah giggles.

"Am I crazy or is there definitely something going on between you and Pope?" Sarah says smiling up at Kiara.

"Maybe." Kiara blushes.

"That's not a no." Sarah says shaking her head.

"It's not a no." Kiara agrees.

"And what about you and JJ, Everleigh?" Sarah asks.

A smirk crawls across Everleigh's face, "Not confirming nor denying."

"Oh shut up." Sarah laughs, "It's so obvious."

"Okay, fine. We're dating." Everleigh blushes.

Kiara and Sarah smile at each other.

Everleigh, Sarah, and Kiara each pick up a watermelon. Everleigh follows behind Kie and Sarah as they walk back down to the dock.

"Hi." Sarah smiles at the boys, "What y'all talking about?"

"Uh... fishing." John B lies.

"Dropping lures." JJ adds.

Everleigh instantly knew they were both lying. It was so obvious.

"That's that. You know?" JJ says. "Need help?" JJ asks Kiara.

Kiara gives the watermelon to JJ who gives it to Pope, He then takes Sarah's and gives it to John B.

When Everleigh walks to the end of the dock, he looks her up and down and smirks.

"And you, princess?" He asks, offering his arms.

She puts the watermelon in his hands, and steps onto the boat. She plants a kiss on his lips, making him smile.

They spent the drive home, talking and laughing.

Once they see the chateau again, they all smile.

"There she is." John B smiles, wrapping an arm around Everleigh.

"Home sweet home." Everleigh smiles, resting her head on her twin brothers shoulder.

JJ smiles, "Bet it is good to see her in her old bones. Welcome home, guys."

They dock at the chateau and Everleigh takes a deep breath.

They walk up the ramp, and Kiara breaks the silence. "You know, I gotta be honest. Not exactly looking forward to a check in at home. My parents probably already arranged my funeral."

"I also predict unpleasantries at the Heyward household." Pope agrees. "After I left the truck in Charleston."

"No one knows we're here right?" JJ asks, smirking at Everleigh. "And you two aren't gonna get in any more trouble for showing up twelve hours later. Am I right or am I right?