Chapter One Hundred Eight

She laid in the bed silently until it got dark. Thankfully no one spoke to her. She couldn't get JJ off her mind. She prayed he would still come for her, if he was really even there in the first place.

She couldn't sleep, her eyes remained staring at the ceiling as she chews at the inside of her cheek and draws shapes on the top of her hand.

All of the girls were asleep by now. Everyone had their own bunk, and everyone fell asleep pretty quickly.

Then she hears someone whispering her name. She shook it off, thinking that she was finally going delusional and just hearing things that weren't actually real. But then a light flicks on and one of the girls speak up. "What are you doing in here?"

"Hi there, uh, evening miss. Uh..." The voice whispers.

When everyone sits up, Everleigh finally realizes that she wasn't the only one who heard whoever was speaking. They were still whispering and she couldn't make out who it was.

"Hello, everyone. Uh... shit. I know this looks bad. I come in peace." The voice got louder just for a second, and Everleigh knew exactly who it was. She wouldn't mix his voice up for anyone else's. "I'm just looking for someone. I'm looking... looking for..."

"Me?" Everleigh asks, making everyone in the room turn to look at her. She could've cried right there, her boyfriend really did come to look for her.

She crawled out of the bed and climbs down the ladder. The second her feet touch the floor she runs to him. And just as she expected, JJ's arms were waiting open for her. Everleigh fell into them, pulling him in for the tightest hug she could possibly give him and he squeezed her back just as hard.

"How did you..." Everleigh tried to ask, but she chokes on a sob, her eyes running all over JJ's face.

"I know. Okay, yeah... It's a long story. No time to explain though." JJ smiles obviously so proud of his doings. "I do have one thing to say though. Everleigh, I want to say I'm sorry. I fucked up letting Kie get so close to me, and you didn't deserve to be yelled at."

JJ freezes when she doesn't respond. Her eyes were staring at his lips and it didn't even look like she wasn't listening to a word he was saying. After a dramatic pause, she finally whispers, "I love you."

JJ seemed like his heart skipped a beat. He's heard those words come from her so many times, but this time it just felt like the words meant so much more. It was reassuring and it was innocent. And any worry that he had about them was gone. "I love you too."

Everleigh's hand cups his face and she leans in as he wraps his arms around her lower back. Their lips brush against one another before Everleigh couldn't hold back anymore. She seals her lips with her boyfriends. His lips were slightly chapped while hers were as soft as silk. In that moment, they forgot about the danger they were going to run into and how their lives would be on the line. The buzzing feeling that flowed through their veins spoke about how anything that happened, they would go through it together until the end. Every question was answered in a matter of just a few seconds before they had to pull away. What was formerly silence, was now the large group of girls surrounding them screaming and cheering as they watched the couple reunite like a scene from a movie.

"Hey, woah, woah, woah." JJ whisper yells. Everleigh runs to grab her bag. "Keep it down, keep it down. Guys, come on. Shh!"

When she runs back to JJ he grabs her hand and pulls her with him out the door. The smiles on their faces couldn't of been much larger and the grip they had on each other couldn't of been much tighter.

"Okay, go, go." JJ tells her as they run. "Can't really go through the front gate. You good?"

"Never better." She smiles which made JJ cheer. They ran towards the woods and off of the campus. "I never thought I was gonna make it out."