Chapter Forty

"Just for the record, I never doubted them." JJ smiles as they all leave The Wreck.

Kiara laughs, "I owe you five bucks."

"Hey Kiara, I do need those setups done by five." Kiara's mom calls out to her.

"You know there are other people that work here" Kiara calls back.

"But ain't none of them my children!" She argues back.

"I feel that. On a deep, emotional level, I understand that." Pope smiles.

"So we goin' to the Bahamas or what?" JJ asks, leaning on and wrapping his arms around Everleigh, who was leaning over the wooden wall, looking at the water.

Pope scoffs, "There's no way we're getting to the Bahamas."

"John B's gonna get nabbed sooner or later." Everleigh chimes in.

Kiara continues for her, "So, if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it like yesterday."

JJ stands up, pulling Everleigh with him by her waist.

Ever since they got back together, JJ had been really clingy, and always had to be touching Everleigh.

She thought it was the sweetest things, and knew he was just being protective.

JJ whispers in Everleigh's ear, and Everleigh laughs, but agrees.

"We have a plan." Everleigh smiles.

"Oh, so you two have it all planned out?" Pope asks.

"As a matter of a fact we do." JJ says, turning himself and Everleigh towards Pope, "We kidnap Rafe."

"I'm sorry, what?" Pope asks in disbelief.

Everleigh nods, "We kidnap Rafe, tie him up, and stick the gun in his mouth until he starts squawking." Everleigh explains, sitting next to JJ.

"You know torture is a war crime?" Kiara asks, furrowing her brows.

"Yeah," Pope agrees. "So how do you exactly plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell? Because that's a felony."

"Alright." JJ says offended, "What do you got, Pope? We were just trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop and we're done."

Everleigh laughs.

"Guys, all we need is a material witness." Pope explains, "We saw Ward's plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it. He didn't fly it. If somebody else flew, they were there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered."

Pope takes a breath and JJ takes off his hat. Everleigh runs her hand through JJ's hair, massaging his head. He smiles at her and rests his head on her shoulder.

Pope continues, "We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record."

"How do we do that?" Kiara asks.

Pope smiles at Kie, "A little light espionage."

"What?" Everleigh asks.

"A little ghost recon." JJ smirks at her, putting his hat back on.

"Oh right." She nods.

"Woogity woogity?" Pope offers his hands out to his his three friends.

"Woogity woogity." They all replies, wiggling their fingers with each others.

They all got in the car.

Everleigh stares out the window while they drive, thinking about her brother and Sarah.