Chapter One Hundred Five

The Pogues did eventually move back into the chateau. Hanging out for what could be the last normal night of their lives. Kiara was playing ukulele on the couch. John B and Sarah were in John B's bedroom. Cleo and Pope were playing dominos with Everleigh leaning on the table, a beer in her hand.

"So... what kind of plane is it?" Cleo asks, putting down one of her dominos as a curious look was on her face. She looked up at Everleigh and then Pope, wondering if either of them had an answer.

"Well it's Ward's so I'm guessing it's something lit." Pope smiles in reply, making Everleigh toast to Pope with her beer.

"That's what I'm talking about. Flying private, baby."

JJ had found his way behind Everleigh, sneaking his hand around her waist and kissing her neck firmly. He pulls at the hem of her shirt silently begging for her to go with him. A smile pulls at her lips and she turns around to look at him, his eyes were soft and his silence sounded so needy. She takes his hand into hers and leads them into her bedroom, letting him in first.

After she shuts the door, she turns around to look at JJ again. What she didn't expect was for him to push her back up to the door, crashing his lips into hers in a kiss that made her lose her breath. He ran his hand down her back, then her butt, then picking her leg up and holding her thigh. Everleigh pulls her head back to gasp for air, but she doesn't get much.

JJ scoops her off of the ground and she wraps her legs around her waist and her arms around his neck. He kissed her neck and slightly exposed chest, thirsty for more than just a makeout.

When Everleigh's back hit the bed she felt JJ pulling at the waistband of her shorts as he tried his best to find the button and zipper. They both had smiles on their faces as they anxiously waited to feel each others skin against their own, hungry for each others touch.

"Oh my god, Everleigh." He mumbles finally finding the button and planting yet another kiss on her neck. She slowly figured out that he loved her neck, he loved kissing it and marking Everleigh as his own with dark red marks. "I can't get enough of you, princess."

She couldn't control the way her face became a light pink as JJ removed his shirt to show his toned abs and chest. "Tell me what you want, JJ." She whispers in his ear, and she could tell it gave him butterflies.

The smirk on his face grew. "I want you to lay here. I want you to do absolutely no work at all." He looked her in the eyes. His blue eyes were darker than normal and showed a new side of JJ that Everleigh hadn't seen before. "You just look stunning as always. I want you to let me do it all."

She couldn't fight off the smile he caused to appear on her face, but it was quickly gone again when he pulled her shirt off. "JJ." She stops him, making him quickly look up at her in worry. "What's that smell?"

He looked around the room awkwardly while Everleigh zippers her shorts and buttons them, scrambling for her shirt. "Is that what I think it is?" He asks, scrunching his nose and pulling his own shirt back on again.

They both run out of the room and look out the front window. At the same time they both see an orange glow out the window and flames starting to creep their way up, peeking through the glass.

"That's a fire, JJ." She immediately grabs her wrist. "Hey! Guys, fire!" Everleigh yells, drawing everyone's attention to the window. Everleigh runs from JJ's side, bursting into John B's room. She found Sarah and John B in bed, clearly she was interrupting them the same way the fire had interrupted her and JJ. "So sorry, we gotta go, there's a fire."

Sarah and John B quickly stand up to run out of the room, "Wait, Ev, what are you talking about?" John B asks. They run to the front door, but the porch is already engulfed in flames. "Sarah get away from the door!"

Everleigh scans around the living room, almost every wall was starting to burn. Her vision got blurry as it quickly became harder to breath. She blinks her eyes, trying to see clearly but it's unneeded. JJ pulls her infront of him and they all sneak out the side door, running from the burning home.

None of them realized that it was sunrise, pretty much all of the blinds were closed and no one was paying any attention to the time. All of them stood and watched the house burn to ash, none of them having a phone to call a firehouse.

It took until the sun was fully risen for the final flame to fizzle out, still pieces of what once was the chateau falling apart. Everleigh sat with not only a tear stained face, but an ash stained face. All of their faces had dark dust on them.

JJ sat next to her wrapping an arm around her shoulders and using his free arm to pull a grip off of her wrist, drawing shapes on the top of her hand.

The rest of the Pogues sat down as well, John B not strong enough to even look at his twin sister. But, Pope was the first to break the depressing silence. "Could've been a faulty electrical wire."

"The place was all wood." Kiara adds, the sadness in her voice too easily heard. "A tinderbox."

"Thing just went up." Cleo adds, just as quiet.

JJ nods, "Verdicts in, Routledge kids. Whoever's up there, does not like you guys."

Everleigh couldn't help but start to cry again. She buried her head into JJ's chest and he squeezes her, holding her as close to him as he could. With his other arm, he throws a glass bottle at what was left of the house. He moved his legs so that Everleigh was now sitting between them pulling her back so she could rest against him, and he could hold her in both of his arms.