Chapter Fifty-Four

They drove to a small shop where Sarah and Kiara get out of the car and get drinks.

"So how's JJ?" Sarah asks Everleigh with a smirk on her lips.

Everleigh smiles to herself, looking over in the van, looking at JJ. "He's good."

Kiara smiles at Everleigh. "Good? That's all?"

Everleigh nods and looks back at Sarah. "I love him, that's for sure."

It goes quiet for a moment.

"So, uhm, Sarah. You don't have to answer this if you don't want, but, why exactly were you with Topper?" Everleigh asks, turning the attention off of herself.

"He saved my life. And John B was in jail. It was late at night and I didn't want to bother anyone." Sarah answers.

"How did he know where you were?" Everleigh interrogates Sarah.

Sarah just shrugs her shoulders.

"Did you thank him, like what do you do after someone saves your life?" Everleigh asks again.

"Of course, I thanked Topper. He saved my life, and I'd put him through so much already. And you'd think that that's the crime of the century." Sarah explains.

"Tell me about it." Kiara laughs nervously. "All of this crazy shit is happening and Pope's giving me the silent treatment for not being in love with him."

"And we're the dramatic ones." Sarah smiles at Kiara.

Honestly, Everleigh couldn't relate. JJ loved Everleigh more than anything on this earth. Everleigh loved JJ just the same. They survived off one another, they needed each other.

They all climb back in the van.

When Everleigh gets in, she leans over the chair, planting a kiss on JJ's cheek. "I missed you." She smiles cheekily.

"I missed you more, princess." He smiles back, blushing.

"You two are pathetic." John B scoffs, starting the van and driving back to pick Pope up.

Pope re-enters the van quietly, making everyone look at him confused.

John B is the one to break the silence, "So, how'd it go?"

"Shit just got way more personal." Is all Pope replies with.

They drove back to Heyward's, Pope explaining that somewhere along his bloodline, he was related to Denmark Tanny.

"I still can't believe that you're related to Denmark Tanny." John B says.

"Are we in the presence of a royal?" Everleigh asks jokingly.

"A king?" JJ asks. He walks over to Pope and pretends to place a crown on his head, "We shall crown him. All hail the Lord of Tannyhill."

Everleigh bows and the rest of the group repeats.

"Your majesty." Everleigh smiles as JJ wraps an arm around her.

"We're not worthy." JJ adds.

"Alright, relax. Everybody relax. Can we relax, please?" Pope asks shaking his head.

"Relocate to the Cat's Ass, question mark?" Sarah asks.

Everleigh smiles and points in Sarah in agreement, "I'm down."

"Me too." JJ adds, squeezing Everleigh tight for a second.

"How soon can we move in?" Kiara asks.

"Cause, I don't have a place to stay." JJ adds.