Chapter Thirty-Four

"Perfectly focused." Pope smiles as Kiara pulls up to the Cameron's house.

Everleigh immediately feels uncomfortable being in this spot again.

"You sure this is a good idea?" JJ asks, staring at the large home.

Kiara sighs, "She's the only one who can clear John B."

"This is the last place they'll look because of how stupid it is." Everleigh mumbles.

Pope and Kiara climb over the fence, disappearing from JJ and Everleigh's view.

"Why'd he do it?" JJ asks Everleigh immediately, making him turn her head to his direction.

"Who? Do what?" Everleigh asks.

"Rafe." He mumbles, frowning.

Everleigh scoffs, "Why don't you answer my questions for once? What the hell has been with you? You go from telling me how much you love me to breaking up with me. Why don't you explain that?"

JJ's eyes fall to the floor, "I'm sorry."

Everleigh shakes her head and laughs, "That's it?"

"Everleigh, I..." He starts again.

"Do you know what you did to me?" She interrupts me, "Did you just use me for my body? Just take advantage of me in a vulnerable state?"

JJ shakes his head.

He throws his arms up quickly, putting one on either shoulder. "Everleigh, I only broke up with you because I felt like I wasn't good enough."

She freezes, and he stares into her eyes.

"I felt like I wasn't good enough." He repeats. "After the thing we did on the boat, I thought I hurt you."

"But JJ..." Everleigh says quietly.

"No Everleigh. I thought I hurt you, and I thought you deserved better. But the truth is... I need you." He says, tears filling his eyes.

"But I said it was okay." Everleigh says in an upset tone.

"I know." JJ admits, "But I still didn't know."

Everleigh smiles at him, "JJ, I promise you didn't hurt me."

He looks into her eyes, almost surprised. He knew Everleigh never made a promise she couldn't keep.

"And I love you. I always will." She smiles.

JJ smiles back, "In that case princess," He holds her hand, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

She smiles, and locks her lips with his, in a deep passionate kiss.

When they pull away, JJ whispers, "I love you too, Mrs. Maybank."

A couple seconds pass before Everleigh decides that JJ should know. "JJ." She mumbles.

He hums, to let her know he's listening.

"Rafe did it..." She hesitates, "He did it because he saw the hickeys."

JJ's head turns Everleigh's direction quickly, "The hickeys?" He whispers.

She just nods, putting her hand on her neck where Rafe's hand once was.

"Everleigh, I..." JJ tries to speak but no words come out.

"It isn't your fault." Everleigh reassures him. "And I didn't tell him they were yours."

JJ sighs, "He hurt you because of me?"

"JJ, this is what happened last time right?" Everleigh stops him.

"What?" He asks furrowing his brows.

"You thought it was your fault and you know the rest." Everleigh shrugs her shoulder.

The rest of the night is silent, JJ drawing shapes on Everleigh's hand, and Everleigh trying to catch up on sleep.

I'm sorry for this ridiculously short chapter, but it's the end of the episode.