Chapter Fifty-Eight

Everleigh got to leave school early that day, no intent to do any of the work during her three day suspension.

She was sitting on the porch when the three Pogues arrived home from school.

"What's up nerds." Everleigh says smiling. She had a faint bruise on her cheek from when the girl slapped her, but it was barely visible.

"Yeah, what's up fighter." John B says also smiling.

JJ smirks, "What the hell happened there?" He asks pointing to her cheek. "I mean from what we saw, that girl had no chance to even lay a hand on you."

"How did it even unfold?" Pope asks.

"These girls were talking about JJ." Everleigh shrugs her shoulders, "And he's mine."

JJ smirks at his girlfriend, "Come on." He says, opening his arms, signaling he wanted a hug.

Everleigh stands up and kisses him. "Can we talk?"

JJ nods and they go into her room.

"Are you alright?" He asks.

She nods, "I just wanted to tell you what they said."

"You don't need to tell me, princess." He says shaking his head. "I already believe you."

"No, JJ. This is serious." Everleigh says. "They know about your dad."

JJ looks at her in confusion, then laughs nervously. "How would they know?"

"JJ, baby, you go to school all of the time with bruises on your face." Everleigh sighs.

JJ backs up Everleigh into the wall. "Everleigh, they can't know."

"JJ, they know." Everleigh argues back.

JJ was getting visibly angrier, "Everleigh, he'll kill me if he finds out they know."

"Then I'll go and talk to him." Everleigh suggests, shrugging her shoulders.

Before she knows it, he aggressively pins her shoulders to the wall, "You aren't going near him."

"Watch me, JJ. He won't do anything to me." Everleigh says with a confident laugh.

"This is one that your relentlessness won't win." JJ says, raising his voice. "I will do everything in my power to keep you away from him."

"They said you deserved it." Everleigh says quietly.

He pulls away from her, running a hand through his hair roughly. He quickly snaps and punches the wall next to her head, leaving a hole in the wall.

Everleigh had never seen JJ like this before. He wasn't sad, or mad. He was scared.

Everleigh quickly stepped up to him, wrapping her arms around him tightly.

He squeezed her tightly, knowing she was his entire world.

JJ lifts Everleigh off of the ground, tossing her onto her bed below him.

"You know, now I need to find another poster to put over that hole in the wall." Everleigh laughs.

JJ doesn't answer, he smashes his lips into hers, missing their random make-out sessions.

"God, I love you so much." He mumbles into the kiss, making her smile.

She kisses him back, cupping his face.

This wasn't their usual kiss where there was passion between the two.

Instead, JJ was letting his emotions go. He had full control.

He moves down to her neck, beginning to leave a hickey.