Chapter Eighty-Five

JJ eventually made his way to the front of the house, working on his bike. Everleigh was inside, looking around JJ's room and how well it resembled him. It was a little bit of a mess, which is undeniably what JJ was. There were posters of girls in bikini's and multiple different surf waxes on every table and ledge. On his nightstand was a polaroid photo of him and Everleigh. They were laying on the beach, with his head resting on her stomach. His favorite way of laying with her. On it there was faded marker, it wrote: me and my princess.

She left the room and stepped over objects in the living room and when she opened the front door, she saw JJ and Kiara with their faces just inches apart. She shut the door and moved to a window, watching. He was wearing a shirt that he pulled from his wardrobe, Everleigh being the only one who hadn't changed yet.

"Look at you. You got your new threads on." JJ finally speaks loud enough for Everleigh to hear. "Look at me. What do I got? This? This piece of shit?" JJ yells, throwing a can at the house. Everleigh was getting more upset by the second. He had more than he apparently thought he did and he didn't mention a single one of them. "Getting kicked out of this place in three weeks anyway. Shit, I don't even got parents right now. Why would you care?"

Kiara looked upset and Everleigh made her way to the door again.

"Why would you care? Like... like... like, I'm just some loser that... You don't care. No, you don't." He yells as he starts kicking things.

"I do care!" Kiara yells back getting close to JJ again.

"Nah, you got parents that live in Figure Eight, you know? That's your future. You got that." JJ walks away from her again, getting upset again.

"Look, if you need us, we're gonna help you... I... I'll help." Kiara talks so quiet that Everleigh couldn't hear what she was saying again.

JJ started to yell again, taking his hat off his head. "It's that right there. Okay? Like, it's so easy for you to say that. You know why?" He pauses and looks around. "Cause you're a Kook. You're a Kook, Kiara."

That made Everleigh finally step out the door. She walked up behind her and JJ's entire face changed when he became ashamed at his outrage. "Yeah, I'm a Kook. I was such a Kook when I was living in a cave with you for six weeks. Soaking in the Kook life."

"That's not what I'm talking about." JJ says ready to fire back.

But he couldn't avoid Everleigh's eyes once she finally speaks up. "JJ, you've gotta go." She says sternly. He seemed to be surprised that she wasn't agreeing with him, but he didn't know that she saw him and Kiara get a little too close.

"Can we talk?" He stares her down and she moves away from Kiara. They tell Kiara they'd be right back and make their way into the house. JJ leaned his bike on the railing and shut the door behind him. "Alright, what the hell?"

"What do you mean, what the hell?" Everleigh quietly argues back. "I never did anything wrong."

"You just eavesdropped on our entire conversation and then you came out and defended her?" JJ asks her, in disbelief that the conversation was even occurring.

She furrowed her brows at him. "Well than I'm so sorry that I walked out on you and Kiara looking like you were gonna suck each others faces." She defends herself. Her revealing that she saw them may have triggered something in JJ because he became visibly angrier.

"I already told you that you were all that mattered to me, Ev. Maybe you wouldn't of seen us if you weren't so nosy." He argues back, pacing around the room. "Nothing was going to happen. But how can I even say that knowing that you don't trust me."

"Look, I tried trusting you JJ, but what I just saw tells me that I can't." She barely says loud enough for him to hear.

"Stop bitching, it's not all about you." He laughs. She couldn't tell if this was just his emotions all falling into a pile in front of his girlfriend. "Look, if you don't wanna trust me. That's a you problem. So you're gonna have to be the one to fix it. If you want to trust me, fine. But, you're also not gonna keep me away from Kiara just because you can't mind your own business."

When she tried to reply, he was already walking towards her. He passed by her though, not even looking at her. He bumped into her roughly with his shoulder, knocking her back a step. She followed him out the door, but he got on his bike and just left.

Kiara made her way up to Everleigh who was watching JJ. "What hap..."

Everleigh immediately cut her off, glaring at her. "Whatever the hell you've got going on between you and my boyfriend, you'd better wrap it the hell up. Because I'm not having you get in the middle of this, Kie." When Kiara opens her mouth to respond, Everleigh spoke again. "I don't want to hear your bullshit excuse. Just go."

Kiara nods sadly and quietly leaves Everleigh to stand there by herself with tears of anger threatening to spill from her eyes.

She walked back inside, closing the windows to make sure no one knew that they were there. She picked up her half empty beer from earlier, drinking some more. She walked backed into JJ's room and found the polaroid again, she picked it up and looked at it for a sad second before tossing back onto the table and leaving the home. She slammed the door and went to the place she thought of first. The Cameron Household.