Chapter Fifty-Two

Everleigh spent the night at the chateau, later woken by JJ, Kie, and Pope. Apparently JJ had nearly gotten caught by the police trying to save John B. They'd all seen the bruise on Everleigh's jaw, and she explained her story.

JJ was pissed. But his main focus was getting John B out of jail. Then all of the Cameron family would be behind bars.

The next morning, JJ was waxing his board, Everleigh was pacing back and forth, remembering the previous events that happened last night.

Kiara is playing ukulele and Pope is in the corner doing something.

"That's a lot of wax on your board, man." Pope says, breaking the vocal silence. "Put too much wax, it'll become slippery."

JJ looks up frustrated. "Are you telling me how to wax my board, Pope?" JJ asks.

"No, I'm just saying that's a lot of wax." Pope argues back.

"No, you're telling me how to wax my board." JJ scoffs.

"It's a colossal waste of wax." Pope adds.

"Pope, can you just mind your own business?" Everleigh asks, tired of the bickering between them.

A familiar horn honks.

"Guys, did you hear that?" JJ asks.

Everleigh's eyes immediately light up. She knew that horn anywhere.

John B and The Twinkie pull infront of the house.

Everleigh sprints to the van, running into her brother's arms.

"Are you serious?" Kie asks, shocked.

JJ shakes his head in disbelief, "Hold on, am I dreaming?"

Everleigh and John B ignore their question, holding each other tightly.

"Guess who's out the clink!" John B exclaims, finally getting out of Everleigh's grip.

"No frickin' way man!" JJ smiles.

They all join back together in a group hug.

"We missed you." Kiara says quietly as they all pull away.

"I missed you guys too." John B replies.

"How'd you do it?" Everleigh asks, still in shock of seeing her twin brother, free from a jail cell.

"You bust out?" JJ asks.

"Uh, they dropped the charges." John B says with a smile.

"They dropped the charges." Pope repeats him.

"Dude, that's phenomenal." Kiara says with a wide smile on her face.

"So you're telling me I did all that work for nothing?" JJ asks, rolling his eyes.

Everleigh laughs, "Since when is getting locked in the back of an ambulance and nearly getting arrested helpful?"

"Oh the most elaborate escape plan of all time?" Pope agrees with Everleigh.

"Right. Foolproof." Kiara also agrees, making quotation marks with her fingers.

"It was actually." JJ argues back. "And Everleigh, you're supposed to be on my side."

Everleigh laughs, "Of course I am but..."

"Wait where's Sarah?" John B interrupts them.

No one answers.

"No, no, no, no, no. Where... where's Sarah?" John B asks again.

"I went over the Cameron household last night. She wasn't there." Everleigh frowns, now worried about her best friend. She was so caught up about John B that she'd forgotten about Sarah.