Chapter Twenty-Six

The lady gave them directions to her warehouse, and they were all sat in the van, John B driving.

"So they keep money out here?" Pope asks, looking out the window.

JJ shrugs his shoulders. "That's what she said."

Everleigh chuckles, "That's what she said."

"Stop." Pope cuts her off.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive." Sarah says from the passengers seat.

"That's 'cause you're rich." JJ says.

"You've never heard of it either." Kiara mumbles, giving JJ a dirty look.

"Thank you." Sarah agrees.

"There's nothing but weeds back here." Kiara shrugs.

"All right, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..." JJ starts, but is cut off by a police siren.

"Cops? Out here?" Kiara asks nervously.

"Oh for fucks sake." Everleigh groans.

"God! Are you kidding me?" JJ yells.

"What did we do?" Sarah asks, looking back at the car.

"Stash that." John B tells JJ, who puts the gold in a towel.

"Chill, guys." Kiara warns.

"I hate cops." JJ groans.

"Did you bring the gun?" John B says, slapping JJ's shoulder.

"No. Okay? Everybody told me to leave it back at the place." JJ says looking at Everleigh.

"Thank God." Kiara sighs in relief.

JJ shoves the gold in his bag.

"How much weed do you have on you, bro?" Kiara asks.

Everleigh notices the man walking towards the van, dressed in all black. "Guys."

"He's walking up." Pope says, rushing JJ.

JJ puts the gold under the seat.

Then, a gun cocks. And everyone turns to see the man pointing a gun in John B's face.

"Why don't I go ahead and see them hands in the air?" The man says.

John B slowly raises his hands in fear.

"All y'all's hands up in the air now!" He yells, "You, out of the car! Let's go! Out of the car! Let's go! Hurry!"

John B slowly steps out of the car, leaving his hand raised in the air.

"Let them out!" The man orders John B. "What are you waitin' on? What are you waitin' on? Let them out!"

"All y'all!" The man screams. John B opens the door,
letting Sarah step out first.

"There you go, pretty girl. Here we go! Get out the car, let's go! Hurry up!" Kiara follows after Sarah, then Pope, then Everleigh.

"Oh, and there's the bitch that had a quick make out session with Rafe Cameron! Ain't that right?" He yells in Everleigh's face.

JJ steps out of the van infront of Everleigh, shielding her from the man.

"Don't talk to her like that!" JJ defends Everleigh.

"Shut the hell up!" The man yells, pushing the gun in JJ's face.

"All right! Just relax!" JJ yells back.

"JJ, please." Everleigh whimpers in fear.

"Shut the hell up! Shut up!" The man screams at JJ.

"Chill!" Pope warns JJ.

"Blow your damn head off!" The man warns them. "Lay down in the ditch! Lay down in the ditch! On your goddamn hands and knees! Down! Put your face on the ground!"

He walks around the entire group, pushing JJ's head down. It angered Everleigh, making her try and stand, just to give him a fight. The man shoved Everleigh down to the ground, putting his foot on her head, pushing it into the ground. She squirmed underneath his weight. He pointed the gun at Everleigh, clicking the safety off, and threatening her. JJ was pissed that he had even laid a finger on Everleigh.

"Stay here just like that! Put your head down! Don't let me see you look up! All right? That's all y'all gotta do." He says, making his way towards the Twinkie.

"It's a setup, guys." Kiara cries.

"That old bat shanked us. Fuck! Goddamn it!" JJ seethes, repeatedly punching the ground.

"JJ, please." Everleigh begged, making him calm down. He held her hand. Squeezing it tightly.

While the man goes through the entire van, John B sneaks onto his feet.

"Wait. No, no, no, no." Sarah says in a shaky voice.

"What the hell are you thinking?" Everleigh asks, looking up at her twin brother.

"John B. Don't be a hero, man." Pope whispers.

John B shushes them, and climbs into the back of the man's car.

"All right, y'all stay like that." The man says, climbing back out of the van. "Unless you want your brains blown out all over this road, don't move your goddamn heads, okay?"

He runs back into his car, shutting the door.

Suddenly, John B hits the man from behind, and tries to reach for the gun. "Guys, I got the gun!"

Everleigh and JJ are first to their feet, both sprinting to help John B.

The man gets out of the car. JJ dodged a punch thrown by the man, throwing one of his own. The man shoves JJ off of him, making Everleigh charge at the man.

She threw a punch to his stomach, then to his head. He quickly bounced back. Shoving her to the ground with all of his strength.

"Shit." She groans in pain.

"Ev? Are you alright?" JJ asks concerned.

She nods, and stands back up with his help.

John B hits the guy in the back with the gun. Making him fall to the ground.

"I got the gold!" Pope exclaims.

Sarah opens the door onto his head multiple times before Kiara and Pope both kick him.

The man now was sat leaning up against the car.

"You son of a bitch!" Kiara yells at the man.

John B pulls the mask of the man down, "I know this piece of shit!" JJ yells, "He's a basehead!"

"Probably knows my brother." Sarah mumbles.

"He sells coke to my dad." JJ says quietly, squeezing Everleigh's hand. Both teens were filled with emotions.

"Listen, I could've hurt any single one of y'all..." The man gasps for air.

Out of anger, JJ releases Everleigh's hand, grabs the gun from John B's hands, and hits the man in the head.

Everleigh is frozen and speechless. Still trying to make what had just happen, make sense.

"JJ!" Kiara yells.

Pope pulls JJ backwards, "Dude, chill, man."

JJ pulls away from Pope's grip, bending over and grabbing the mans wallet out of his pocket.

"Come on, let's get outta here." John B says to JJ, who ignores him.

"We got one last stop." JJ replies, taking a card, and throwing the wallet in the ground. He shoves John B away from him, and takes Everleigh's hand roughly, pulling her towards the Twinkie. "Let's go see where this son of a bitch lives."

"I'm gonna remember this shit!" The man yells, "You can't hide from me! I know exactly who y'all are!Huh? You're gonna see me again! You hear me?" John B gives the man one last look before throwing his keys as far as he can.

"Come on!" JJ calls John B.