Chapter One Hundred Six

The Pogues eventually moved to the dock. None of them really knew what to talk about. What could they talk about? Big John was held hostage, the chateau burned down out of no where, and now they were involved in a plan that included Ward.

John B was anxious, his constant moving betraying his attempt at hiding it. "Sarah, when did you say the pilot was getting in?" John B asks.

"Probably like an hour." She replies. "I mean, once he's here, my dad says we can leave whenever we want."

Everleigh sat across from the group, not really speaking to anyone. "Okay, well, as much as I would love to ghost my parents again, I can't." Pope says, the emotion on his face was hard to read.

JJ shakes his head. "Pope, we're talking about El Dorado here. Can you just slip out the back maybe?"

"Great advice." Kiara comments sarcastically.

JJ sighs, "It always worked for me. How to avoid unpleasant circumstances 101. If there's a problem, you don't wanna face it, turn that face and keister around and walk the other way."

Pope jumps off the railing he was sitting on. "I'm not doing that, okay?"

JJ sighs and turns back around. "I just want you to be there, dog."

Pope nods, looking at JJ. "I'm gonna be there. I'll meet you at the airstrip in an hour?"

"Yeah, we'll see you there." John B forces a smile.

"One hour, Pope. Not a second later." JJ tells him.

Cleo looks around at the group and turns to leave, following Pope. Everyone smirks at each other except for Everleigh, she quietly moved next to JJ to look out at the water again. "I'm gonna take a stroll back to the shack. For old times sake." JJ tells the group, turning around. Everleigh drew her lips into a line and wanted to stop him, but he knew it wasn't going to happen. "I always wanted to go to South America. Great surf, cheap weed. See you guys on the tarmac."

Kiara's mood quickly changes. "I guess I'll go pack some stuff and break the news to my parents."

"Hey, do you really think that's a good idea?" Everleigh asks, finally speaking up. "You're parents are ready to send you away at any second, chances are they aren't gonna let you leave."

"I kind of have to, Ev." Kiara sighs, not happy with what she knew were facts. "Unless you have a different idea..."

"I'll go." She deadpans, watching JJ slowly leave the dock before looking at Kie again. "I promise it'll be easier if I just go."

Kiara let's out a deep breath before hugging Everleigh. Everleigh turns her head to look at her brother who gave her an approving nod.

She turns to leave, speedwalking so she could catch up to JJ. She put his hand on his back and he quickly stopped to look at her.

He put his hand on the side of her face, caressing her cheek with her thumb. "Be careful please, princess." He speaks softly.

She nods, placing her hand on top of his before she let him kiss her. They walk hand and hand off the property, only letting go when they had to go separate ways.

She made her way to Figure Eight, trying to keep the previous nights events out of her memory. Her eyes flickered from house to house, paranoid that Rafe, or one of his friends would see her alone. When she saw Kiara's house, she felt somewhat relieved.

What made her face fold into confusion was the van that was parked out front. She sped up, finally making it to the driveway of the Carrera household.

A man appears from the side of the truck, "Hey, Kiara."

"I'm... I'm not Kiara." Everleigh shakes her head, turning away from him and making her way up to the front door.

"Hey, come back." He says, following her. "I'm not gonna hurt you. I just want to talk to you."

"Uh, no thanks. Stranger danger." She replies, running up the steps. She reaches for the door handle, hoping to open the door, but it was locked. So she starts to knock, watching the man slowly get closer. Finally, the door was opened, but it wasn't by any of the Carrera's. It was a man wearing the same polo as the other man who was following her. "Who are you?"

He towered over her, a disgusting smirk on his oval face. "Look, this can go one of two ways."

She takes a step back, but she bumps into the first man. "I'm sorry... wait, this isn't my daughter. Everleigh where's Kie?"

"Ma'am, we understand regret occurs when sending a child away, but please don't try to intervene, we know this is difficult."

Everleigh starts getting dragged away, making her start to yell. "What is wrong with you? Let go of me."

Mike and Anna continued to tell the men that they had the wrong person, but they repeatedly told them it was just regret and they would eventually move on.

She tried to fight them off, holding the fence and kicking her legs, but when they were simply too strong for her. They pull her towards the car. And she only has one last effort. "JJ!" She screams, praying that the extremely low chances of him being nearby could be real, and that he would come and save her. But, instead she was thrown in a car. The door was slammed behind her and all she could do was bang on the window, pleading to be let free from the locked car. "No." She repeats as they take their seats. "No, you have the wrong person, morons. My name is Everle...."

"Listen up. We know your name isn't Everleigh, we were called to this address to pick up a juvenile by the name of Kiara." He addresses her in a stern tone, making her lose her words. "Your parents know what they are doing, you will be alright. Now, if you'll please let us drive. We'll have you at Kitty Hawk as soon as possible."

"I am not staying with you. Turn the car around, I want my boyfriend and I want my brother." She says, but they don't answer her, she could see them roll their eyes in the rear view mirror. "My name is Everleigh Routledge. You have the wrong person."

The second man hits the roof, making Everleigh fight off a laugh. "Stop trying to work your way out of this. You'll be nice and comfortable once we arrive, and our staff will be happy to assist you with anything you need. If you speak again for the rest of this ride, your process in the system will be much worse."

She sank back into her seat. Staring out the window she watched as they passed every house in Figure Eight. She knew well enough that she'd be able to eventually talk her way out of the camp. But, would she be out in time to save her father... she just didn't know.