•Kim Taehyung•

Applaud.

The heavy, clamour fills the huge hall. A sound that resembles a cold, depressing rainy day. A million rain drops beating down over a vulnerable lone roof.

What he feels right now.

Many would be honoured to be in his position. Many would jump up at the opportunity to be him. Live like him.

His lower lip vibrates as he slowly opens his glossy eyes again, his finger hitting the last note.

The clapping sound bounces off the ancient, classy walls back to his ears. He gets up, slowly from his chair and elegantly moves to centre stage. His steps are bold yet gracefull, back straight and head held up high.

'just like mom and dad taught me'

His eyes scan over the hundreds of people cheering poshly in the croud. Twenty four karat gold, polished perls and diamonds, feathers and silk. They all merge into one in his tear filled eyes.

He keeps a straight face and gulps. With his arms neatly placed besides himself, he bows deeply.

Gymnopédie No.1- Erik Satie
-Lent et Douloureux-

He rises and turns to exit the stage, leaving the noise behind heading to his dressing room. He is handed a bottle of cold water and
congratulated along the way.

"Taeyong!" He sinks in deeper into his depression and bites his lower lip.

His parents come rushing towards him. Kim Sunghee and Kim Yejun.

"Darling, you were absolutely magnificent." Sunghee squeels and bounces up and down in her heels. Her short permed hair moving along with her.

He cannot hold it in anymore.

A single tear escapes his eyes and he sucks in a breath.

"Oh, Yejunnie look he's crying. Must be overwhelmed by the emotional song he performed." Sunghee coos and Taehyung feels like lashing out on her. She knows the exact cause of his tears. Yet, she blocks it out, along with his father.

"You were amazing son! The Tons have nothing on us right now." He roughly clamps a hand on Taehyung's shoulder and chuckles.

There they go again. Using him. A pass card to a lavish life, bragging rights and healing.

There was once a family of three. The Kims. And in the family, was a boy named Taeyong. He had a passion for the piano and dreamed of being the best there is. His parents approved. They were thrilled and proud of their son's exceptional skills. They wanted to help him succeed, to be part of his successful life. They pushed him. Pushed him to practice, to perfection and unknowingly to death.

One unfaithful morning, it was discovered Taeyong had committed suicide. He left a single note behind describing his the pressure that once weighed onto him, his struggle to keep his parents pleased.

The couple refused to face reality. They needed a replacement. So they adopted. A seven year old Taehyung.

They then changed his name to Taeyong and tried to make a replica of their late son. They dressed him as Taeyong would dress, styled his hair as his, made him act and behave the way he would.

Whenever Taehyung would try to do something, they'd stop him. Not like that, Taeyong would do it like this. Taeyong wouldn't wear that. Taeyong wouldn't eat that, he liked this better.