Hoseok

The house is clean. No traces of the previous events. The glass that was once shattered, scattered onto the floor is gone. No blood stains that once contaminated the white floor. His tablet, and camera were no where in sight...so was his father.

He swallows harshly, his throat feeling parched. He tiptoes deeper into the living room and looks around.

The air is suspiciously quiet.

No sight of human life form.

He moves to the kitchen. No one. He makes way upstairs and searches all of the rooms. Nothing. He goes back downstairs and out to their garage. Minseok's car in no where in sight.

Hoseok breaths out and heads back to the house.

He's not home.

To think, he should feel relieved about his unpresence but it ironically kicks up his fear levels. His hands tremble coldly. He takes a seat carefully on the couch and sits. He stares at the blank screen of the TV, a million thoughts and scenarios playing in his mind.

About thirty minutes later, his stomach growls. He looks down at it and pouts. He doesn't really feel like eating at the moment but he knows it's going to bother him all night and he certainly doesn't want any added stress in his mind.

Hoseok makes his way to the kitchen and not feeling like making anything, he settles for a bowl of cereal.

He pours the contents into his bowl and sits on the kitchen island. He swings his legs back and forth while chewing the sugery food slowly. His mind wonders over what he'd went through.

'i hope Jimin's okay.'

He thinks randomly. He remembers his short time up the hill. Something about that place had made him feel... liberated. Although he spent it wallowing in his depression, something in his chest opened up and he felt a bit lighter...

How he'd managed to spend a night in the far woods with a guy he was convinced wanted to kill him and all the other guys, he doesn't know. He's not the bravest person and he knows it so it was a really different, new, unimaginable experience for him.

He takes in his final spoonful.

It felt...good.

He tilts the down up to meet his lips and drinks the remaining cereal. A bit of the liquid moves down his chin and he wipes it with the back of his hand.

And that jerk, Yoongi. What was up with him? Yes, he argued with him. Hates him. But he finds himself smiling as their bickering plays in his mind. But his smile is wiped away when he remembers what exactly brought him up there.

He's in trouble.

Big huge trouble and he doesn't know if he'll be able to get through it.

He jumps off the counter and washes his bowl and spoon. He places them in their designated areas. He jogs to his bedroom and before he could open it. He sees a yellow note stuck onto his door. He raises a brow, pouting. He reaches for the note and pushes his bangs out of his eyes.

Hoseok,

I wrote this to tell you that I'm very disappointed in you. Anger and hatred doesn't even beging to describe what I feel towards you. You've shown me nothing but disrespect and for that reason, I'm sending you to a boarding school in North Korea.

His heart stops, eyes stinging.

You will be leaving in two weeks. I hope it will help you focus on your studies and shape you into a respected, respectful and a successful man.

He's stunned. This cannot be happening. What the heck?

Not knowing what to do, he resorts to the first thing that comes to his mind.

'Mama.'

He runs downstairs to their home telephone. He locates it in the living room hung up on the wall.

He quickly dials in Yeona's home number and waits as the phone rings. Tears pool in his eyes. His heart beat quickened. He scripts out what to say to her in his mind.

'Hey mama. I missed you. I love. My life is hell. Please come and get me. Dad wants to send me to a boarding school in North Korea. I can't live without you, I've tried but it only broke me. Please. I love you mama, I miss you'

He bites onto his finger nails waiting for her to pick up. And when the final ring reached his ears.

*Bring bring*

"Mama!"

"Yoboseo?"

He freezes.

"You're not mama."

"N-no sorry. Maybe you have the wrong number." The female says apologetically about to hang up.

"No no no no no. I-Ive been calling this number for years. This is mama's phone number." He pants, a sudden panic attack hitting him for some reason.

Silence.

"Uhm. I think I know what's going on here. May I get your name and surname please?" The woman asks politely.

"H-Hoseok. Jung Hoseok. I'm looking for Jung Yeona."

"Uh- I'm sorry Mr Jung but. She doesn't live here. Well...anymore." she says awkwardly.

"W-what? What do you mean. She'd never leave without telling me. We're really close a-"

"Sir. Don't you know?"

"Know what."

The woman on the other end sits on her soft grey couch and looks at the boxes yet left to unpack. She glances at her wife currently bringing more of their stuff ready to move.

"Uhm. Mrs Jung has passed on." She bites her lip nervously, feeling bad for the boy.

"Wh- what? No. You must be mistaken. Mama would never leave me like that, without warning me. Without telling me. Let's me tell you her name again. Jung Yeona." He smiles nervously.

The woman feels bad and tears pool in her eyes.

"Lisa? What's wrong babe?" Her wife sits besides her. She shakes her head no and dismisses her. The dark haired female is hesitant to let it go at first but leaves her. Genuine worry in her eyes.

"Please. I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you but. My wife and I just moved in and we were informed that the house was formally owned by the laye Mrs Jung Yeona. She passed on."

Hoseok's jaw drops and his chin trembles.

"Hello? Hoseok-ssi? Gwaenchana?"

He drops the phone and slides down the wall. Whimpering and tears moving down his face.

How long has it been? When did she leave him? What date? what year? What time? Why? The last time he was able to call her, a year ago. Did it happen then?

His rock.

His world.

His light.

His universe.

His hope.

Gone.

Left him.

Without a warning.

How could she?

"Who gave her permission to die without me?" He whispers.