|

          .‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 |
˚₊‧

"It's dead."

I simply spoke, sliding my katana back into its sheath.

"Ah! It's dead!" Zenitsu jumped back as the head of the disintegrating demon rolled towards his feet.

"Hey lady...you're really strong," the boy spoke as I nodded and bowed my head slightly in thanks.

"WAHHH Y/N!" Zenitsu exclaimed, arms around me as he whaled into my shoulder, "You're so strong! I didn't even see your blade! There were petals and then a single slicing sound and it was dead!"

"Yes, that is my first form," I stated, not understanding his amazement in my breath-form.

"Marry me! Marry me! If I have someone like you I'll never die!" He whaled once again and I sighed.

I see now...

"Let's find Tanjiro, I can sense him fighting," I ordered.

And the pain he's in.

"Anywhere you go, I follow!" Zenitsu announced, however, he was still attached to me.

"Hey boy, are you alright?" I turned to face the younger child as he simply nodded, "Hold my hand, I don't want us to get separated."

"Why does he get to hold your hand and not your husband?!" Zenitsu complained as I frowned.

"I am not married," I said, giving him a disturbed look as he let go of me, "You're a demon slayer, not a child."

"Y/n don't look at me like that—and don't say stuff like that either!" Zenitsu cried again as I pushed past him to continue our search for Tanjiro.

"She's right Zenitsu, you're acting immature for an adult," the boy spoke as I slightly smiled at the same quarrel that broke out between the two.

"Let go of my wife's hand!"

"Will not!"

"Will too!"

"She's not even your wife, you're delusional!"

"I am n—the room...shifted!!" Zenitsu shrieked as I quickly brought the two of them close to me, "E-Even if I die here, I'm glad it was in my wife's arms."

"I am not your wife. And you are not going to die," I clenched my teeth as we were thrown into room after room before being thrown outside, "Breath of life: Sixth form, a bird's flight."

"We're floating!" Zenitsu exclaimed as I quickly landed on the ground with the two floating above me.

I held out my arms as the technic disappeared, catching the boy as Zenitsu fell head first onto the ground, "OW!"

He defeated it.

"You hear it too?" Zenitsu whispered next to me, grabbing onto my hand.