三十

|

          .‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30 |
˚₊‧

"Please check and make sure inosuke and Zenitsu are alright!"

You smiled at the thought of the critically injured boy caring for others still.

He hasn't changed, has he?

Moving past tree by tree, you came across a group of Kakushi taking down a stiff body tied up in a tree who wore a boar hide, it most definitely wasn't anyone else besides Inosuke. You watched them lower him and walked up to them.

"May I?" You asked, the Kakushi quickly nodded and turned away, respecting your privacy.

Removing the hide, your e/c eyes met with lovely pale green eyes that stared blankly into the air above him, but they didn't look like they belonged to the Inosuke you had met all those weeks ago.

"Inosuke?" You hummed, and his eyes widened, eyes diverting to you as he almost instantly recognized your voice.

It looked like he tried to speak but he quickly caught himself, seeing as it was virtually impossible unless he wanted to lose his voice forever. Which most certainly did not happen on his watch, he still had a promise with you that he had not forgotten.

"Don't worry about that Inosuke, I just came to make sure you're alright," You softly spoke as you grasped one of his rough hands, "You're in a lot of pain huh?"

A low groan erupted from him, and that's all you got, letting yourself let out a small chuckle.

"How about we talk when you're better, and then you must tell me why you're so sad," Inosuke's eyes widened at that and he wanted to protest, tell you he was fine. But sure enough, the boy couldn't speak, so he just lay in defeat, fighting his own thoughts.

You were about to go search for Zenitsu until you felt a wave of a familiar aura filled with bloodlust, alerting you.

"I'll see you at the estates Inosuke," You rushed your words, taking to your feet as you went back the way you came. Running towards the clashing auras you came across Shinobu in a headlock, her capture being Giyu, "Umm...Am I interrupting something?"

"NO!" Shinobu flushed at your appearance while Giyu looked over in a slight panic.

"Go help Tanjiro!" With his free hand, he pointed in the direction of the fleeing boy, and you could slightly make out his demon siblings in his arms.

Nodding you set off, following the boy and almost catching up until he was crushed by none other than Shinobu's Tsugoku, you cringed as you passed over your injured friend, blood spilling from almost all over his body.

Tanjiro being knocked out cold was concerning but you needed to focus on his sibling, that's what he would've wanted anyway. Making up your mind you chased after the Tsugoku, only to flinch when Kanao caught up to the demon girl and swung her blade. However, to both your surprise, the girl had shrunk.

"Kanao!" You called out, successfully distracting her by notifying her of your presence. Rushing past her, you could almost hear her soft voice say your name as you rushed by. Speeding up, you swept up the tiny girl in your arms as she began to panic, "Whoa, calm down little demon girl, I'm a friend of Tanjiro."

Looking up at you, Nezuko saw someone she had never seen in anyone else. Her father. His pride and strength were similar to yours, even though she had just met you, she seemed to sigh in relief and slumped in your arms, passing out of exhaustion.

"Y-Y/n, that's a demon!" Kanao shyly exclaimed, though she truly didn't want to upset you, Shinobu's wrath was far worse.

"I am aware," You shouted behind you, continuing to run from your friend Tsugoku.

Kanao was having an internal conflict on what to do. What would she do? She's so small compared to the life pillar. And Kanao would rather sink in quicksand than lay a figure on you. But on the other hand, she didn't want to upset her older, scarier, sister. What would she do—?

"Message!" A crow squawked above the two of you, making the both of you slightly slow down from your chase to hear the bird, "The ones named Tanjiro and Nezuko are to be detained! Tanjiro, a boy with a scar on his forehead! Nezuko, his demon sister with a bamboo muzzle! They are to be brought back to headquarters at once!"

Coming to a complete stop, you turned to face Kanao who was watching you cautiously. She hoped you weren't mad at her. She was only following orders.

"I guess this demon's name is Nezuko then," You mused, Kanao's eyes slightly widening at your carefree behavior. Kanao slightly flinched as you walked past her, placing a hand on her small shoulder, "No hard feelings Sugar."

Kanao felt dizzy at the pet name, even if you didn't mean anything by it.

Nodding, she silently followed behind you, though a speck of pink dust didn't fail to stay on her pale cheeks.

Coming across Tanjiro, a pair of Kakushi were already checking his condition.

"Be careful with him for me, will you?" You voiced, making the two slightly jump and quickly nod their hands, hearts fluttering a little at your words, "Thanks."

You walked past the two and picked up Nezuko's box and placed her inside.

"L/n, I can surely do that for you!" One of the Kakushi exclaimed, to which you only waved off.

"It's best that I carry her, it's not that I don't trust you," You politely denied only making the Kakushi's hearts flutter even more as they watched you walk off.

"I think I have a favorite pillar now..." One fawned, while the other agreed.

"Oh?" A soft but menacing voice interrupted between the two as the two squeaked, startled.

"M-Miss Kanao, you scared us—!"

"Save it, Y/n doesn't have time for the likes of you," Kanao sneered at the two who visibly shrunk at the intense gaze of the younger girl.

"Y-Yes, of course!" They prayed that she would leave after their plea, but she continued to glare. Her purple glossy eyes bore deep into their souls.

"Kanao!" Hearing her name called, Kanao quickly perked up at your voice, the pink dust returning as she hurried to catch up with you, "Hurry, Shinobu is waiting for us."

With one last glare, the Tsugoku was gone. The Kakushi let out a long sigh of relief as they dramatically held each other for support.

"Let's just...forget about that."