|

.‧ ‧.          
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 |
˚₊‧

"Tsuzumi Mansion."

I whispered, slowly approaching the large house.

"W-Who are you?" A blonde boy, who I hadn't noticed, shivered in front of the house as tears streamed down his face.

"Y/n L/n, I've been assigned a mission to kill the demon here," I stated with no emotion as I eyed the other three children, sensing a demon extremely close by.

"We've been assigned here as well!" The scar-faced boy beamed at me as I squinted at him, approaching him and sniffing his haori.

"You smell like..." I looked up into his eyes as I could see the visible nervousness on his face, "Flowers."

"H-Huh?" He looked dumbfounded at me, "Oh, how rude of me, I'm Tanjiro Kamado! And this is—"

"Zenitsu Agatsama! Please marry me pretty-strong-woman!" The blonde boy rushed to me as he collided with me, making me stumble as I gave him a disgusted look.

"You're a little too young to marry."

"I'll die any day! I'll die, die all alone!" He exclaimed as he continued to cry into my chest.

"Zenitsu!" Tanjiro exclaimed as he pulled Zenitsu off me and forcefully made him bow, "We're very sorry!"

"Hey lady..." I felt a tug on my haori as I looked to my left side to see a little girl with tears brimming her eyes, a little boy standing not too far behind her, "Will you save my brother?"

"Please," the little boy said as he started to cry as well, walking up to me and wrapping his hand in mine, "Please save my brother."

"How can I deny that request?" I softly smiled as I rested both my hands atop their heads, soothingly rubbing their heads as smiles crept onto their faces, "Of course, I'll save him."

Suddenly there was an extremely loud and aggressive roar, instinctively bringing the both of them close to me, my smile disappeared as I sensed the power of the demon raging throughout the house.

Two? No three...three demons.

"Zenitsu, Tanjiro," I sternly said as Tanjiro nodded while Zenitsu started shivering.

"I can't go! I can't, I just can't, I don't wanna die alone!" Zenitsu exclaimed, as he once again threw himself at me. I simply sidestepped quickly to the door, watching Zenitsu fall flat on his face, crying even more, "She rejected me, the love of my life rejected me!"

"We only met moments ago?" I sighed as Tanjiro finally walked up alongside me.

"We won't force you Zenitsu," he said, sounding like he was throwing an indirect insult, "But if the love of your life dies, who will be to blame?"

"WAHHHH! Don't say that Tanjiro!!" The boy once again cried, clinging onto my side as I began walking into the building, trying to ignore the annoyance, "I'd never leave Y/n behind, it was a joke, a joke!!"