三十五

|

.‧        ‧.          
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 35 |
˚₊‧

"CAW!"

My crow flew above me, crowing at me.

"Yes?" I reached out my arm for it to land and relay its message.

"Y/n L/n, the Master has called for you."

ਏਓ 。 ゚

Appearing in front of Ubuyashiki's mansion, you looked at him confused, seeing as he called both you and the Flame Hashira.

"You called, Ubuyashiki," you bowed, letting your presence be known.

"Y/n...I know I have recently sent you out on a mission, but I would like for you to assist Rengoku on his mission, seeing as the previous one wasn't truly a real mission. I believe this will give you practice for much harder missions in the future."

"I understand."

"Rengoku, explain on the way. You two best be off, and good luck," Ubuyashiki softly smiled once more before disappearing into his mansion with each of his daughters at his side.

Turning your head, you finally met the overwhelming orbs of the Flame Hashira, someone who you hadn't left on good terms with.

"Hello Y/n!" Rengoku boomed, startling you.

"Hello..." you muttered, falling in step with your peer as the two of you began to make your way out of the base.

"Are you hungry? I think I'd like to speak of the mission over a nice meal," the bold man beamed towards you, visibly making you uncomfortable.

"Sure."

ਏਓ 。 ゚

After exiting the restaurant, the two of you started heading toward what Rengoku called a train station.

Although you were still a bit confused about what a train even was, you were still recovering from the shock of how much Rengoku enjoyed his food, startling everyone as he ate in fact. To which, he now carried a bag filled with bento boxes to supply for the next few days of traveling.

"So..." you started, not the most confident as these were the first words you'd spoken since starting the mission, nodding and shaking your head as signals to any questions he had asked previously, "What exactly is a train?"

"You don't know?" A genuine look of shock crossed the pillar's features as you felt yourself heat up in embarrassment.

"Am I supposed to?"

In response the older man just laughed, a large smile etching on his features as you only looked in confusion, "It's only one of the most advanced technologies of the century."

"Is it that important?" You let out a slight gasp, shocked humans had made such an important advancement into the future while you had been busy training all your life.

"It certainly is. It's quite fascinating actually, it's a railed vehicle that can either carry passengers or cargo from place to place. A very helpful and impressive invention indeed! Which is a big reason why we must defeat this demon," Rengoku once again gleamed as he seemed very proud of the human race, making your eyebrows raise. As of a sudden, he let out his arm, pointing in the direction ahead of you to direct your attention, "There it is!"