二十七

|

          .‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26 |
˚₊‧

The words had just spilled out of your mouth.

And now they're staring...well Ubuyashiki is always staring...

"Full of surprises aren't you Y/n?" Ubuyashiki mused as you felt yourself fluster, however, you kept your composure.

"Sorry, that was hasty," You were quick to apologize, mentally scolding yourself to stop being so pushy, "What I said was meant to be a suggestion, of course, the actual decision is up to Gen'ya."

"M-Me?" Gen'ya stammered, wide-eyed looking between Ubuyashiki and you. His face grew warmer by the second, along with his aura flooding with tension and embarrassment, amusing Y/n in the slightest.

"Well, Gen'ya? What do you think?" Ubuyashiki pressed on, and seemingly numerous thoughts crowded Gen'ya's mind.

"Well...I—Uh, with absolutely no disrespect to Gyomei..." Gen'ya struggled under your gaze, your doll-like e/c eyes boring into him, sending a chill down his spine, "...I would like to work under Y/n."

ਏਓ 。 ゚

"Who would've thought I'd have a Tsugoku within the first few weeks of being a pillar," Y/n mused to herself as Gen'ya's jaw dropped.

"Y-You've just become a pillar?!" Gen'ya exclaimed as he walked side by side with you, starting to regret the decision he made a few minutes ago.

"Yeah," Y/n shrugged it off as Gen'ya only became more baffled, "Are you sure we're going to see Gyomei? We're heading straight for the forest..."

"Well, at this time of day he's most likely training...and in the same spot as yesterday."

"Yesterday?" Y/n questioned, as once again Gen'ya was baffled at your cluelessness.

Had you no idea of the man's intense training?

"Have you ever met Gyomei?" Gen'ya questioned, now doubting your possible capabilities of surpassing Gyomei as a mentor.

"Well, I have been in the same room..." Y/n pondered as the two strayed off the stone path and into the forest, Gen'ya leading the way as they passed dozens of wisteria trees.

"I guess that is something...do you know anything about him?"

"Just that he's the strongest," Y/n kept the same laid-back expression as Gen'ya sweat dropped, beginning to nervously sweat. He kept his gaze forward in case you might see his troubled expression and yell at him, "Is that a waterfall I hear?"

The sound of rushing water and splashing could be heard as you both continued to stroll through the lush forest.

"Yeah, that's where Gyomei is," the two of you entered an open space, and your eyes were quick to almost bulge out your head as you saw the humongous, shirtless, man maintaining a squat under the waterfall. Water rushed down his burly but defined figure as his hands were clasped together with prayer beads. And to top off the whole scene, his whole expression was blank as he seemed to be deep in focus.