十六

|

          .‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 |
˚₊‧

What...the fuck?!

So yeah, maybe it was a bad storm, maybe it was bad that he got sick, maybe it was a bad idea to not bring him to Shinobu, maybe it was bad to follow his every order, maybe it was bad that you stayed there for four days, maybe it was bad that you forgot about your promise, so yeah, a lot of bad things. But how did things get SO bad in which a demon was now standing at the doorstep?

"Hello, Y/n~" Rainbow eyes glinted in malice down at the frightened female. Your e/c eyes widened as you harshly pushed him aside, slamming the door shut behind yourself as you hoped Muichiro was still asleep.

"What are you doing here?!" You exclaimed, your emotions circulating in some type of worry and fear.

"You said you'd come..." an uncharacteristic frown stretched across the demon's face as he gazed down at the female in a mix of sadness and anger. Douma wasn't one to get mad, but he trusted this girl, and she betrayed that trust.

"I was, but there was such a storm that I got caught up—"

"Four days! It's been four days since that storm and you still didn't come!" He exclaimed causing you to flinch, instinctively raising one arm to protect yourself if need be.

"Shh, what if someone hears you?!" You whispered in a harsh tone that only seemed to do the opposite of soothing his anger.

"I'll kill them, this is your fault Y/n."

"Douma, how is this my fault?"

"If you'd just shown up like you had said I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't be mad."

"Douma—"

"Who's inside?" His vicious eyes murderously glinted towards one of the windows causing panic to stir in you.

"Douma! No, you mus—"

Grunting, you braced yourself as he hit you to the side. Groaning from the unexpected fall, you quickly rose to your feet as your eyes widened seeing the opened door.

Racing inside the house, you rushed to Muichiro's room to see a familiar tall figure looming over the boys' bed.

Cautiously entering the room, you stared at the demon who only kept his harsh glance onto the sleeping boy.

After a long silence that felt like hours, the demon spoke through clenched teeth as his nails seemed to grow longer, "Is this who's been keeping you?"

"Douma—"

"Answer."

Flinching at his harsh tone, you felt your heart rate quicken. If the demon was so mad, shouldn't he be targeting you? Why was he after Muichiro?!

You panicked as he raised a hand, ready to strike down at the unbeknownst figure.

"He was sick Douma. I had to. I promise I was going to come, I really was. Please, Douma, your skin is starting to crack, the wisteria must be taking effect on—"