二十八

|

          .‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28 |
˚₊‧

"I would have never thought that the two of you would have been through something so traumatic."

You sympathized, holding tightly onto Gen'ya's hands.

"Usually the scars give it away," Gen'ya frowned as he traced his fingers along the permanent slash that crossed his right cheek.

"It's not something to be ashamed of Gen'ya. You survived something so horrible, it shows your strength that you've keep going. You and Sanemi both, I admire you two," Your soft smile caused the same effect on him over and over again.

I could get used to this.

Admiring her features, Gen'ya sat in silence as his tears stopped flowing. After keeping such a secret for over a decade, it became such a heavy burden that weighed down on Gen'ya. And you had so simply lifted it off his shoulders.

While Gen'ya was in his own world, staring down at you, you were glaring at something past him. Something that was lurking in the shadows.

Demon? God, I swear if Douma came back...

Pulling your attention back on Gen'ya, you wanted to get the boy out of there as soon as possible. Whoever, or whatever that was, is unpredictable.

"How about we call it a day? I'm positive Ubuyashki will understand your situation and let you stay the night, and then we can figure it out tomorrow," Your sudden suggestion caught Gen'ya off guard as you two were just on a completely different topic.

She's so quick to go. Is she bored of me?

"Oh, alright. Where should I meet you tomorrow?"

"Hm, how about I come to the front of the main house at 10 in the morning?" You suggested as he nodded nervously.

"Where are you going?" Gen'ya asked as you hitched your breath, not going unnoticed.

"For now, I'll just hang out here for a while. I have a lot to think about. But tonight I should probably go to Shinobu's, but if not I'm sure I'll find somewhere to say," You said as he nodded along, pushing yourself up, you kissed his cheek, "Now go rest up and eat well."

Flustered, Gen'ya had no more doubts as he scurried off. His thoughts racing too much to think of what the woman's true intentions were.

When the boy was finally gone, you turned your head to where you felt that strong gaze. Confident in the sunlight, you did not unsheathe your blade.

"Who is there?" You raised your voice into the shadows as you seemed to see a glint from the sun in a pair of eyes.

"If I were to present myself, would you run away?" A new deep voice reached your ears as your eyes widen slightly, slightly shocked that it wasn't Douma. But then again, his aura and whoever this was, were obviously two completely different people or rather, demons.

"Of course not, I have the sun to protect me from anything you might do."

A deep, attractive chuckle echoed in your mind as the demon stepped out into view, to say the least, you were astonished, "Aren't you a smart girl."