二十二

|

          .‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 22 |
˚₊‧

"I'm such a fucking idiot."

Giyu huffed as he hid behind the building he was previously talking to you by.

Look at him. Cowering behind a building away from a girl who gave him fuzzy feelings.

Embarrassing.

You probably thought he was a creep. Did you even understand what he said? He prayed you didn't.

Releasing out a heavy sigh, Giyu slumped onto the ground. The pebbles weren't the most comfortable but it was of little matter compared to his racing thoughts of the h/c-haired girl.

What were you doing out so late?

Where were you this past week?

You had disappeared just as the storm had come in according to Shinobu.

Shinobu was even worried you might be hurt or even dead somewhere...she searched for a few days until Ubuyashiki locked her down in her estate to focus on her patients.

People like Tengen and Rengoku voiced their concerns but both mentioned that Y/n was too strong to simply die in a storm. This boosted the confidence of the others like Mitsuri, Sanemi, and Shinobu. People like Obanai, Muichiro, and Gyomei didn't say anything...which was to be expected.

Giyu on the other hand did not worry for you at all. He agreed with Tengen and Rengoku. You were strong, extremely strong. He was semi-surprised you didn't become a pillar years ago, but he would never question Ubuyashiki's decision.

He still remembered the first time he met—well, saw you. It was a few years back when he was 17, his first few weeks of being a pillar...

ਏਓ 。 ゚

"Once again I'd like to congratulate you on your first successful mission. How have you been holding up?" Ubuyashiki asked all with a soft smile on his face as he walked side by side with Giyu.

"It's been fine. What I'd expect from being a pillar..." Giyu trailed off as his blue orbs landed on a messy mop of h/c hair.

The girl was repeatedly clashing her katana against a wooden poll. Her muscles were extremely defined from what he could see.

Is she another pillar?

"I see you've noticed my dear Y/n," Ubuyashiki came to a stop as he faced the direction of the training female. Though he was blind, he seemed to have a face of admiration for the younger girl, "Though you may think it, she is not a pillar. She is however training to become one—"

A loud snap rang out as Giyu flinched, quickly looking over the female as she stood motionless, head cast down to where the blade of her now broken katana laid.

"Broke another one?" Ubuyashiki voiced, Y/n quickly perking up at his presence.

"Yes Ubuyashiki, I deeply apologize. These blades can't seem to keep up with my training anymore," she approached the two but paid no mind to Giyu. In actuality, she didn't even notice he was there. Either because of his lack of presence, or simply because she only cared for what Ubuyashiki had to say.