十一

|

          .‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11 |
˚₊‧

"Don't ever leave me like that again!"

A high-pitched voice exclaimed as I braced myself for the inevitable impact.

"I only left for about half an hour..." I groaned as Shinobu seemed to squeeze me with all her might, resting her head on my chest, "Are you not tired? You seem a little unlike yourself."

"Unlike myself? What do you mean?" She looked up at me with a smile.

"You're kind of acting like Mitsuri..." I stated without thought, instantly regretting my words as her jaw visibly clenched and anger seeped into her aura.

"I do not act like that idiot," she spat at me as my mind raced in ways to make her feel better.

"Y/N! Do it to me! Do it to me!"

In a daze of confusion, my hand ended up on his head as he erupted, almost literally.

"Gyahahaha!"

"W-What are you doing Y/n?" Shinobu's face bloomed like a red rose as she stared up at me, lips slightly parted in shock.

"My friends get really happy when I do this," I smiled down at her as I retracted my hand from her head. Walking past her into the estate I turned back around to her frozen figure, "You coming?"

"Y-Yeah..."

Sliding the door open I slightly jumped as I came to meet with empty-looking mint green eyes who stared straight into my chest, not giving me the time of day.

"My apologies Muichiro," Quickly recognizing the pillar I apologized. In hearing my voice, his eyes shot up to mine, filling with interest.

"There you are!" He exclaimed, tackling me with a laugh as I fell on the gravel ground, instinctively wrapping my arms around him in protection, "I was worried you already got sent on a mission!"

"Oh I'm sorry," my voice was barely heard as it was muffled into his shoulder, only making him squeeze me tighter, "C-Could you let me go?"

"Muichiro you're suffocating her," Shinobu scolded down onto us, making him sigh as I practically felt his eyes roll.

"Fine..."

Letting go of me, he stood up and stretched out a hand for me. Clasping my hand in his, he pulled me quickly up and into his chest, my figure slightly bending down.

"Sorry I just don't want to let go!" He childishly giggled as wrapped his hands more around my waist.

"Muichiro."

My eyes averted to the woman that stood behind him with her arms crossed. Suddenly reaching to me as she tried pulling me out of his grip.

Much to our demise, he ended up just nuzzling into my upper abdomen, his arms still wrapped around my waist.

He reminds me a lot of Zenitsu.

Letting out an annoyed sigh, Shinobu decided to ignore the boy and continue into her estate, signaling for me to follow.

"Would you like me to carry you?" I looked down to the boy as he quickly straightened up, stretching out his arms, allowing me to pick him up.

Now his arms were wrapped around my neck, legs wrapped around the lower of my waist, and head nuzzled into my neck. Only slightly could I feel the brush of his lips against my skin.

"Now just don't suffocate me," I pleaded as I felt him smile and quickly nod.

Following Shinobu, she deadpanned as she saw my position.

"I promise he's never like this..."

"Oh?" I raised a brow at the woman as I heard a small tch from the younger boy.

Kicking off my sandals I went to place Muichiro down only to hear his shoes fall onto the wooden floor.

The laziness speaks volumes.

"Though I'd like to check up on you, I guess it could wait till morning. I have a few things to talk about with you then," Shinobu said as I continued to follow her, leading me into a room with several beds.

"Alright, I'll look for you when I wake."

"That sounds fine to me," she sent a small smile as her aura felt warm again.

"Is it possible that a could start training in about four or five days? I just feel so helpless laying around and doing nothing to better myself."

Her warm aura turned cold as it flooded with sadness, the shorter girl stared at me and almost seemed a loss of words.

"I mean I'll still come back for check-ups and stuff but—"

"In the morning," she cut me off, making me anxious, "We can talk about this in the morning...for now I—you need rest, he's already sleeping so just rest him in this room and carry on to your room."

Now that I notice it, he is snoring...

"Alright, good night Shinobu, rest well."

"Rest well Y/n..." She sent a longing gaze filled with disappointment as she slide the door shut.

Walking to the farthest bed from the door, I rested Muichiro's legs on the mattress, bending over the bed, I tried prying his arms off of me as I rested his head onto the pillow.

Hearing him grumble I softened my touch, sadly it seemed like he still didn't want to let go.

"Please Muichiro it's late," I whispered to myself as I simply lifted his wrapped arms over my head, sighing in relief as I felt free from the boy. As I lift myself from the position we were in, I went to get up only to feel arms quickly wrap around my waist, pulling me back down.

Letting out a gasp I looked wide-eyed into half-lidded mint green eyes.

"Don't go..." he grumbled as he wrapped his body around me, pulling himself closer as he rested his head on my chest, "Stay."

I stared up at the roof, stiff at the physical contact.

Why does this keep happening?

What do I do?

He has no ill intentions.

I'm so tired...

Sighing in defeat I made myself comfortable, trying not to disrupt the resting boy much, "Fine, sleep well Muichiro..."

Draping one arm over his smaller figure and sliding one under the pillow, I rested my eyes as I finally let my body rest. Setting my mind at ease I slowly let my consciousness fade, feeling a small movement I felt something soft touch my neck.

"Thank you, Y/n."