三十二

|

          .‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 32 |
˚₊‧

"If you can't tell difference between good demons and bad... then you should just quit being a Hashira!"

Offended and seething with anger, Sanemi ground his teeth, standing up with his sword to Tanjiros' neck, "I'll destroy you."

"The Master has arrived," Ubuysashiki's daughter spoke up, catching the attention of everyone.

Soft footsteps of a familiar man came closer as he walked through the doorway, that soft smile still on his face per usual, "I'm so glad you could come, my beloved children."

As Ubuyashiki said his introduction, everyone moved to kneel before him. You took your place next to Tengen with Giyu on your left. Even at a comfortable distance, you could feel his eyes on you, even that small smirk that formed on his face.

Bowing your head, you kept your gaze on the gravel, too distracted by Tengen to pay attention to the conversation between Ubuyashiki and Sanemi.

"I would like you all to accept Nezuko and Tanjiro as Demon Slayers."

You were startled by the anger that spiked in your peers' auras. With a glance, you could tell that almost everyone opposed it. Sanemi, Rengoku, Obanai, Gyomei, Shinobu, and Tengen, who was finally distracted by Ubuyashiki's words, and not your face.

"The letter," Ubuyashiki calmly spoke, one of his daughters pulling out a neatly folded letter as she began to read.

As she read from start to finish, your respect rose for both Nezuko and Giyu. A small smile formed on your lips as you saw tears fall from Tanjiro's face.

He must truly respect his Master and Giyu.

"So what if they commit seppuku," Sanemi snarled, your smile quickly faded as you worried about what might happen next, "There's no guarantee that she won't kill someone."

"Sanemi is right, you cannot bring back the dead!" Rengoku announced, angering you even more.

"So?" You spoke up, your words leaving your lips without your permission. You achieved everyone's attention but you continued to stare at the ground, "Can you even prove that she will attack humans?"

A light gasp escaped Sanemi's lips at your words, he now just acknowledged your presence.

She's for this demon brat too?

Sanemi's anger only grew at your words.

If she can accept them, maybe I...—no. That brat and his demon must've done something.
Y/n is a pillar, she hates demons just as much as us. Just as much as me.

"Y/n is right. To reject this, those who do must present an even more convincing argument. Do you have one?" Ubuyashiki smiled down at his children as they all stayed silent, "There is something else you might want to know, Tanjiro has met Muzan."

All the pillars flinch, then stared at the boy as he only stared wide-eyed back.

"What did he look like?!"