二十

|

         .‧ ‧.
—· · · · ⋆꒷꒦‧₊˚𓆩♡𓆪˚₊‧꒦꒷⋆ · · · ·—
| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20 |
˚₊‧

"Daki I don't think I can walk in these."

You spoke in fear, towering over the two, just tall enough to grip Douma's shoulders for support. Much to his pleasure.

"Don't worry Y/n, I'll teach you!" Daki rose to be taller than you as she glided in her steps, her guards surrounded the trio as the crowd of people stared in awe.

Some began to whisper about Y/n.

"Who is she?"

"Another Oiran?"

"She's gorgeous..."

Neither Douma nor Daki liked it.

"Just put your foot out like this, and then do this," Daki instructed you as you followed her commands. However, you continued to grip tightly onto Douma's shoulders.

You didn't have a fear of heights or fear of falling, but you didn't want to embarrass Daki in front of all these people.

You had come to find out she was of very high status and well respected. Along with her beauty, her status now also intimidated you.

Besides the mess you were, Douma was having the time of his life. He felt like he was floating as he drowned in your touch, never wanting you to let go.

His rainbow eyes were enchanted by your beauty. The way the luminous festive lights hit you at every right angle. You looked angelic.

Ironic. He was a demon. But he looked to you as an angel which had graced his presence.

"Ah! Douma!" you whimpered, almost tripping. Douma quickly reassuring you by putting his hand on top of your tight grip. A warm feeling encased his stomach.

"Don't worry Y/n, you're doing great," Douma reassured as you sent him a small smile, making his heart skip a beat.

"You're right," you nodded in determination, letting your hands fall off his shoulder and to your sides, "I can do this."

Even though Douma was disappointed you let go, he couldn't help but enjoy your happiness as you proudly strutted next to Daki, who was also proud of Y/n's progress in such a short time.

"You're a quick learner aren't you," Daki giggled as she laced her hands in Y/n's as they walked side by side in sync, the crowd enjoying every second of their newly founded friendship.

"It's quite fun actually. Though I was worried before," Y/n smiled brightly as she squeezed Daki's hand, looking onto the eyes of the crowd.

Quickly, you realized their auras.

It was like a swirling pot of various ingredients.

Some were happy, some were angry, some were disappointed, and some were...

Well...

"Jealousy, envy," Daki whispered, a frown forming on her features.

"I'm sorry," you excused yourself in a questioning tone.